Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
headliner material

Check classic industries catalog , appears that there are 2 choices basketweave or premier perforated. both cost the same

·
Registered
701 Posts
my 68 had basket weave. not sure when they changed over to preforated
think 69 was also basket weave.check your sail panels. they will be the same as the headliner.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
when I got the car it was gutted so sail panels are gone :(

my 68 had basket weave. not sure when they changed over to preforated
think 69 was also basket weave.check your sail panels. they will be the same as the headliner.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well I got the bows and clips. Im guessing the longest bow starts at the rear and the shortest ends in the front? Also I have 5 bows the shortest doesnt have any hook at the end is that normal? one last thing I see 4 mounting holes I cannt seem to find the 5th lol anyone have a pic showing all the holes? thanks

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so im going crazy trying to install my headliner, I have all the bows in place I figued out the smallest one goes into the middle by the dome light the problems im having is everytime I snap the larger bows into the clips it pulls the clip off the ceiling, is it only suppost to have the clips in the middle??? by the dome light
or on every bow??

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
so im going crazy trying to install my headliner, I have all the bows in place I figued out the smallest one goes into the middle by the dome light the problems im having is everytime I snap the larger bows into the clips it pulls the clip off the ceiling, is it only suppost to have the clips in the middle??? by the dome light
or on every bow??
Can't help you much, just wondering if perhaps the larger bows need to be tweaked or bowed a little more as to not pull out from the clips?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Can't help you much, just wondering if perhaps the larger bows need to be tweaked or bowed a little more as to not pull out from the clips?
it seems like I have the wrong clips, they stay on the bows but come off the body maybe im putting them on the wrong part of the body.... I bought a kit of clips and it came with 6 clips but it seems like I need 8...

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
ok found the problem I have the wrong clips, well the right ones for the center by the dome light no wonder it was not staying in place :confused:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts