Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm installing the headliner in my '63 HT and need some help and also have a few suggestions to anyone who is attempting this for the first time. I installed the screws before the headliner for the following - mirror center screw, coat hooks, light, sunvisors. Push all the bows through the sleeves and center the sleeves on the bows. The third bow installs first. Center it both on the headliner and the roof and push it into the clips on the rail just in front of the light. Next install the 4th bow and 5th bows in the figure 8 shaped holes. I used the top hole of the figure 8. 4th and 5th bows can then be rotated up and will stay in position. Then install the 2nd bow, then 1st bow in their respective holes. 1st and 2nd bow did not stay up until I clipped a few clips at the windshield rail.
Question 1 - I'm not sure what to do at the A pillar.
Question 2 - I'm also not sure what to do at the bottom of the sail panel. What is the bar with two screws in them (see pic) for?
Thanks!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, I did Be Quiet sound deadener on the roof and bought a box of medium size binder clips. I plan to buy some small clips too.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I started pulling it tight and binder clipping the edges and realized that I needed to clip the ends of sleeves and also my bow 4 (2nd from the rear) is up against the roof which won't allow the headliner to slide toward the doors. I have to back track a bit and move this bow to the lower holes. If anyone has close up pics of the bottom of the sail panels and top of the a-pillar, I would very much appreciate it.
Thanks, Dean

·
Premium Member
3,361 Posts
Hello,
I believe that is a tack strip at the bottom of the sail pane. The head liner gets pulled tight in that area and stapled there. I think there should be a small trim piece to go over it. At the top of the A pillar the head liner is hidden by your windshield plastic trim piece and your windlace.
I hope this helps.

·
Vendor
1,314 Posts
Question 1 - I'm not sure what to do at the A pillar.
The 1965 Fisher Body Manual has a section on headliner installation. It is not the most useful thing, but does help. It is available now and usually on eBay.

At the A pillar there is also the galvanized metal strips similar to the rear. There is also plastic trim that goes over the pinch weld. Not sure if that helps.

·
Vendor
1,314 Posts
The pieces BBQrat posted a pic of? I have them in stock. PM me if interested.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts