Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,758 Posts
If they just have surface rust and are solid, it's probably not too bad of a price. Especially since 99% of the originals on cars are rotted away and the bogus plastic repops are $60 per pair.

They are fairly hard to find in decent shape. If I were selling them though, I would have blasted and painted them. Get a little more that way.

The 1st gen mud buckets were one of several parts that didn't hold up. Other 1st gen parts with similar problems were the inner front bumper brackets and the lower door glass channels.

·
Premium Member
4,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea..... these are nice solid straight pieces...I think I will paint them with VHT :yes:
got inner brackets too

·
Premium Member
7,758 Posts
I sold a pair that were blasted and probably a tad nicer for $100 a couple months ago on ebay. Those don't look too bad though compared to most. They are straight from what I see. It looks like the one on the right might have some excessive rust near the top but the rest just looks like minor surface rust.

When I bought my 64 back in 1982 the ones on it were completely gone. Swiss cheese. Water lays in them. It took me a couple years to find a decent pair to replace them with. Back then I would have killed for a pair like those on ebay. That was before the internet though. Stuff was harder to find.

·
Premium Member
2,622 Posts
I remember selling sets and sets of them years ago evn then I would get $45-55 each for rust free mint ones even blasted and painted ones would sell for $75 a pair way back .....I seem to have three sets laying around the side of garage .....I love CALI:D

·
Premium Member
7,758 Posts
Yeah I have a couple NOS mud bucket sets in my garage along with some NOS inner bumper brackets and lower glass channels too that I bought a few years ago but I had a hard time finding them back in the early 80s when I lived in PA. Even at Carlisle it was hard to find the stuff.

Of course they reproduce all three of those rust-prone pieces today. The repop bumper brackets and the lower glass channels are nice but I never wanted the plastic mud buckets although they probably aren't too bad and definitely better than nothing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts