Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
14,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have picked up another 69 project car and after some help on vin location and build date, I find that this car was built in the 4th week of November. The car has the 68 style headlight bezels on it. Was this pretty common or do you suppose this was just using up the stock of 68 parts on the 69's? Anyway, This car is a ex race car that has been backhalved, so originality is not much of a concern at this point. I am considering getting rid of the originals and using the newer style with the vertical bar in them. What would the 68 style be worth? I am just starting to put my plans in place for this car. I would rather see these bezels go to someone who really needed them on a 68 car since this car has been heavily modified already.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Pretty good chance GM was using up old stock.68-69 are the rarest,condition will predict the value.Up here (Canada) they seem to be $40 and up depending on condition.

·
Premium Member
7,407 Posts
I sold A nice 68 bezel to A fellow in CA for 75 dollars. we were both satisfied with that number, but you might get more for A perfect set or less if they are pitted or something.

Tommy:)

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
68sschevyII said:
I sold A nice 68 bezel to A fellow in CA for 75 dollars. we were both satisfied with that number, but you might get more for A perfect set or less if they are pitted or something.

Tommy:)
yeah if they're clean even more $$ cause they are year specific.

·
14,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Headlight bezels

I am going to clean them up and see what kind of shape they're in. The only obvious thing I noticed was some of the black paint had peeled over the years. This car has been a race car since it was new. The speedometer only shows 381 miles on it. The car was completely gutted and turned into a racer with only headliner and door panels and dash pad left intact as far as interior pieces go.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
It's going to be supply and demand that will predict pricing the most,I'd rather sell for fair price or trade if they're bought by someone who needs them like 68sschevyII says by all means OK to make profit,and they are easy enough to repaint.NPHNP.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts