Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you tell if your headlight bezel is factory or aftermarket is there a stamp or anything on back? I have a 66 and Im curious to know what mine are if they are repops I would like to get GM Thanks in advance Tom

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
Good luck finding OE bezels...if you find them stop at the bank and take out a loan. Many of the repops don't fit very well, so do your homework. I think I used Trim Parts but not certain.

·
Super Moderator
7,182 Posts
I just recently sold a presumably OEM headlight bezel for 1970-72 Nova. Because it was packaged in an old GM box, I sold it under the presumption that it MAY be OEM, but I wasn't sure. After having a discussion with some interested parties, we came to the conclusion that the repops don't usually have a part # stamped on the back, and the OEMs do. When it includes a part #, it can be checked with a GM parts book. But, then again, I've seen many so-called NOS parts with part numbers that are definitely repops, and sold as OEM parts. OEM parts bring big money usually. I sold the bezel I had for $82.00, but still don't know for sure if it was OEM. Even the repops are going for more than that! It boils down to, "Buyer Beware!"

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys I knew I cant afford or find GM bezels I just meant used ones in good shape but Seattle Mike the ones you got from trim parts are they descent my car is not gonna be a show car but I want it to look respectable. The bezels I have dont have a part number on back side so Im gonna guess they are repops.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Trim Parts makes the best 66 bezels around. Same thickness as the originals, they guarantee the fit, and the finish is flawless. Do not waste you time or money on the other brands.

Now the bad news: They are re-tooling and have been on backorder for about a year. That's the problem with perfection.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts