Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I took a gamble today and gambled on buying a set of used headers on the chance that they might fit my '64 with a small block. Just looking at them quickly, they looked similar to the Hooker 2243's. Well, not so lucky :( After I got them home I looked closer at them and found "HH" stamped in the flanges, as well as "69090". So, they're Hedman Hedders for a '67-'91 pickup truck.

The bright side: at least I only paid $20 for them! And now I at least know what they fit so I can re-sell them properly.

But they just look SOOO much like the 2243's :)

·
Registered
7,040 Posts
i feel your pain.
i bought a very nice neat clean set of dougs ....used
then i went with a r&p setup and they wont work.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well, I took a gamble today and gambled on buying a set of used headers on the chance that they might fit my '64 with a small block. Just looking at them quickly, they looked similar to the Hooker 2243's. Well, not so lucky :( After I got them home I looked closer at them and found "HH" stamped in the flanges, as well as "69090". So, they're Hedman Hedders for a '67-'91 pickup truck.

The bright side: at least I only paid $20 for them! And now I at least know what they fit so I can re-sell them properly.

But they just look SOOO much like the 2243's :)
I'm trying to see the bright side lol! I just purchased a set of Hooker Super Comp #2122 for my 63 only to find out I need to drop the pan to get driver side on :) Oh! need to drop the pan to change oil filter lol! :) Oh! Starter wont fit! I guess I'm getting a mini Starter! lol! :) I guess I could get a remote filter? :)maybe a different pan and pickup? maybe I should do more research before I buy anything else lol! :) Hope you find some headers that work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts