Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I WANT TO PUT HEADERS ON MY 73 NOVA V8, CAN'T FIND ANY THING THAT CLEARS A/C EVAPERATOR BOX ON THE RIGHT SIDE. i'M I THE ONLY ONE TRING TO RUN HEADERS WITH A/C?

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
How much doesn't it clear by?Most guys have to dimple the headers to get them to fit.bm

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
Yeah you gotta dimple it.Alot of guys put a large socket inside a rag andhit it with a hammer.What kind of headers are these?Are they coated?Did you do a search on header fitment.bm

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I Did A Search, I've Tryed Three Differance Brands Of Headers. They Are Coated And Going Into A Blower Motor Setup For Parking Lot Show, So I Don't Want To Hammer On Them If I Can Help It. I Was Hoping Someone Has Found A Set That Would Bolt Right In.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok Maybe I Found The Problem, Didn't Know The Motor Mount Brackets Are Differnt Left To Right. That Moved The Motor Over 3/4 Inch Away From A/c Box.

·
Registered
3,959 Posts
Previous owner of mine hacked out a piece of the heater box so the headers could clear. I cut a piece of sheet metal and pop riveted to the inside of the piece, then used some high temp silicone to seal it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts