Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of Hooker Super Competition fenderwell headers on my car now. I believe they are 1 3/4. I want to change them so I can lower the car. Do you have any suggestions on which headers to run? Is anyone interested in my headers? Also does anyone have a stock front clip or inner panels for sale? Mine have been cut for the headers to exit. Thank you!

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
If your looking for parts you may want to post in the Parts Wanted section.

If your selling parts you may want to post in the Parts For Sale section.

If your looking for advice you may want to mention some more details. Like BB or SB, year of vehicle, etc.

Just a few friendly tips. And welcome to the site!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks 72. I am really looking for advice. My car is a 67 with a small block 383 and a turbo 400 trans. I really want some chassis headers that fit and are similar in diameter to the ones i have. I am not sure if that is possible.

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
I really want some chassis headers that fit and are similar in diameter to the ones i have. I am not sure if that is possible
Call Jack Davis in Ontario, Cal. (909)391-2332 or (909)229-2846 He can build you a set of step headers that will fit and make more power than any of the off the shelf stuff. A little pricey, but.............

·
Vendor
1,225 Posts
I have a set of TCI headers. They have 1 3/4' tubes and 3/8" thick laser cut flanges. PM me if you are interested.

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
motone82 said:
Thanks 72. I am really looking for advice. My car is a 67 with a small block 383 and a turbo 400 trans. I really want some chassis headers that fit and are similar in diameter to the ones i have. I am not sure if that is possible.
There are several types of chassis headers that will fit your car. Hooker makes 2 sets, Hedman makes some, and my personal favorite is the J&W Nova headers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
1 3/4 headers on stock front clip

There are several types of chassis headers that will fit your car. Hooker makes 2 sets, Hedman makes some, and my personal favorite is the J&W Nova headers.
can you use a 1 3/4 hooker header with a stcok front clip and a powerglide tranny and if so what do you have to do or will it even work? :)

·
Premium Member
5,493 Posts
First off, welcome to the site! I am sure someone here will have an answer for you. The gentleman you quoted has left the site about 2 years ago. The original post dates back to 2006. You might be better off starting a new post and asking your question there.
Ron

1 - 10 of 10 Posts