Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Nova peeps I am putting together 5.3 LS with 4LE60 for my 67 Nova but wanted to stay with stock front end. I do have the CPP mini sub frame kit but wanted to ask what headers will work for my set up? I also have CPP power steering gear box and GTO oil pan for the LS...

·
6,563 Posts
The CPP power steering box may be an issue with the CBR headers. I replaced my worn stock box in my 64 Nova. No clearance problem with the original box but had a problem with the replacement one. The replacement one is the same except the top lid(which has the adjusting screw for gear lash) is much thicker and the header touches the cover. Not a big deal. I used a die grinder to get some clearance and was good to go. Just goes to show how tight things are in that area. CBR may have an fitment answer for you with that steering box.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
CBR headers, the best fit!!!

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for the info Nova Peeps :yes: I plan to call Mr. Chuck about a set :yes:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi guys im doing a 5.3 4l60e swap on my 67 and am going with CBR mid legnth headers, do you know if the stock power steering will be a clearance issue?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts