Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
question on which headers people have that work good i have 283 with 700r4 and plan for basic 350 down the road. have a tci clip now and am going with dougs d367y or tci 928-9000-06 headers? anyone have nfo on which does or doesnt work or one hangs to low? in a 64 btw

·
Registered
878 Posts
I don't know about fit.......Tim at Tim's Hot Rods is really good about that.
However, Doug's, like Hooker are made in Mexico and I would be concerned about the quality of the thermal coating.
Last I knew, TCI has a So Cal guy hand build theirs and they are TIG welded and are engineered for lowered cars.

·
Registered
956 Posts
I have the TCI IFS clip with their headers and have no issues. I have my car as low as I can get it and the only thing that's ever touched anything is the steel works inserts that hang right behind the collectors. That and my dropped transmission pan are the low points on my car . At some point both have touched something but nothing to worry about. I have around three thousand miles on my car so it has pretty much seen all driving conditions. I do remind myself from time to time that my car is lowered so I try to pay attention.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts