Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi ,i am a new member, my car is a 65 nova pro street . i recently swapped out the big block for a small block the last thing i need is a set of full length headers . the car has a mild 350 and a 700 r4, but will eventually run elevens. it has a checker racing front clip and i need the best fitting headers for the price and ease of maint. i want to stay in the 500 to 600 range ,uncoated . my nova after 6 long years is only lacking headers and exhuast ,and i am looking forward for it to see daylight i have done a search and i know s&s and others will fit but which one is better

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Lots of people on here say Dougs are a really good fit and price. I ordered them couple weeks ago because they said they work with angle plugs like I have. Went to put them on and they ran straight into my steering going to my rack. Plus they advertise them as full length and they are no where near getting the exhaust under the car. They kind of come down at an angle and end just behind the firewall. I ended up going back to my Hooker Super Comps like I had earlier. They are a litle more expensive but I knew they fit and they are a real full length header. They actually changed them a bit from the last pair I had and fit even better now.

·
Registered
399 Posts
... I ended up going back to my Hooker Super Comps like I had earlier. They are a litle more expensive but I knew they fit and they are a real full length header. They actually changed them a bit from the last pair I had and fit even better now.
Any pics of them on and off the car? -Bob

Whoops, sorry I thought you was running an LS1!

·
Premium Member
5,820 Posts
Lots of people on here say Dougs are a really good fit and price. I ordered them couple weeks ago because they said they work with angle plugs like I have. Went to put them on and they ran straight into my steering going to my rack. Plus they advertise them as full length and they are no where near getting the exhaust under the car. They kind of come down at an angle and end just behind the firewall. I ended up going back to my Hooker Super Comps like I had earlier. They are a litle more expensive but I knew they fit and they are a real full length header. They actually changed them a bit from the last pair I had and fit even better now.
Doug's are for a stock front clip. I agree on the full length status, they should be called 'medium length'.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks

i guess i go with the hookers over the s&s is there a certain part # . i really had to get created with the steering shaft with my big block and hooker super comp on my old set-up.now that i have a small block i hope the steering shaft can be staight instead of being offset thanks john

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
i guess i go with the hookers over the s&s is there a certain part # . i really had to get created with the steering shaft with my big block and hooker super comp on my old set-up.now that i have a small block i hope the steering shaft can be staight instead of being offset thanks john
These are the ones I got, they look identical to the picture. Notice the driver side gives you plenty of room for the steering. I did find you need to run a shorty oil filter. Regular ones wont clear the one primary. PH30 Fram is what I use

http://store.summitracing.com/partd...840140+4294895343+4294776434+115&autoview=sku

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
order hookers

thanks everyone i order the headers today , hookers super comp . maybe next weekend i can drive it , its been 6 years and a lot of swearing but now i see a light thanks john

1 - 9 of 9 Posts