Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a set of headers for my 68 with a 327. I know that steering gearbox can be a pain. I want something that will fit but I have to keep it under $175. I want as much power as I can get and I have no idea what to buy. :chev:

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
I don't know why the steering box would be a problem--I've had 3 or 4 sets of headers on my 69, and none have ever been real close to the box.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Big Blocks have trouble with P/S box usually cause the frame wrong mounts are being used.

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Hi,
I have a '68 with a 355 and Hedman headers and one tube is rubbing a hole in the header from the steering box. I am looking for solutions also.
Ken

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
kenfb1 said:
Hi,
I have a '68 with a 355 and Hedman headers and one tube is rubbing a hole in the header from the steering box. I am looking for solutions also.
Ken

just dent the header in the spot that is rubbing on the steering box...that will fix ya up;)

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Yeah I thought maybe he was under the impression SB was tight fit like BB.Ken is one of the few I've heard with SB header clearance issues.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had a 305 before and the headers had to be dented just to fit beside the gearbox. I don't want to crush my airflow, and I know the car came with a sb, so there's got to be a replacement set that fit right.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts