Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Headers - need headers for 67 Nova with Church rack & pinion for 350SBC fast burn alum heads angle plugs & D ports with Nova shock towers & turbo 350 floor shift - Church Boys says their $1299 headers fit / have asked for pictures

Bucket seats - bought nice pair came out of 1966 vintage (no seat back lock) GTO, Chevelle, Buick Skylark I think. trying to install in place of bench seat. Appears 1/2" longer seat track bolt holes spacing than bench seat. Looks like i need 2 brackets over hump for inner bucket seat bolts. Would like to go with OEM mounting for safety. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks, Fred So. MD

·
Registered
671 Posts
Headers - need headers for 67 Nova with Church rack & pinion for 350SBC fast burn alum heads angle plugs & D ports with Nova shock towers & turbo 350 floor shift - Church Boys says their $1299 headers fit / have asked for pictures

Bucket seats - bought nice pair came out of 1966 vintage (no seat back lock) GTO, Chevelle, Buick Skylark I think. trying to install in place of bench seat. Appears 1/2" longer seat track bolt holes spacing than bench seat. Looks like i need 2 brackets over hump for inner bucket seat bolts. Would like to go with OEM mounting for safety. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks, Fred So. MD
I bought there shorties with there 3 inch extension bend, nice Stainless, I dont see were there is going be a huge HP loss as going with full length also bought there full length exhaust, all top rate stuff, LS motor, TCI front

·
Registered
45 Posts
Don't know if this helps or not but the Nova seat tracks are shorter than the offers ,bop .I think you can buy the correct tracks new?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Even though you've probably already got your headers by now I'll share just in case it helps someone else. I have a '70 Nova with the SP383 GM Crate motor. With the Fast Burn heads. Getting headers was a huge pain in the butt because of the Fast Burn heads. Everywhere I called said they didn't have headers for the Fast Burn heads in my year Nova. But Summit said Doug's would fit. I called Doug's and they said "theoretically they fit but they've never done it". Well, with the headers bolted on I had about 1/16" of gasket touching both the heads & the headers. The only thing I could find to fit were Sanderson's mid length. They fit great & look good. You'll have to call Sanderson't & talk to Donna & she'll give you the part number. It's a long story & confusing but to try to simplify it. There's a set of headers that their website says fit. But they don't. There's also a set on their web site that says they don't fit but they do. Donna knows this but whoever I talked to the first time I called didn't know Lol... They were in the $500 range & powder coated... The Sanderson's fit my old 305 motor with steel heads with no clearance problems. But on the Fast Burn heads that had to be dented a little... Yeah, think twice before you use Fast Burn heads....

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts