Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a header out there for a 72 that you don't have to use 20 tools to put in the spark plugs?

Thanks,

Tony

·
Registered
198 Posts
Assuming original 350 with straight plug heads I won’t be any help to you, but just in case;
Big block or small block?
Angle plugs?

·
Registered
20,121 Posts
Dynatech on this 72, the last 72 and my buddies 72 also. All 3 have angle plug heads, but they are a great fitting/made header.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I put Black Jack headers on my 69, 350 ci. Plugs are easy to get to, straight plugs, but use GOOD gaskets! Stay away from the junky white Mr. Gasket junk. They'll blow out in 1 summer.

·
Registered
20,121 Posts
I put Black Jack headers on my 69, 350 ci. Plugs are easy to get to, straight plugs, but use GOOD gaskets! Stay away from the junky white Mr. Gasket junk. They'll blow out in 1 summer.
I've always thrown the white gaskets in the trash. I only use FelPro blues and retighten after two heat cycles then retighten over a few months a few more times and good to go. No locks needed. Should retighten the intake a few times as well.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I've always thrown the white gaskets in the trash. I only use FelPro blues and retighten after two heat cycles then retighten over a few months a few more times and good to go. No locks needed. Should retighten the intake a few times as well.
I put on a set of Pro-form, and the store owner said if they ever fail, bring them back and he'll replace them for free. That was in 1995, they're still on the car.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Wow!! I've not heard the Pro Form in quite some time!

·
Registered
20,121 Posts
I put on a set of Pro-form, and the store owner said if they ever fail, bring them back and he'll replace them for free. That was in 1995, they're still on the car.
Longest I've had FelPro's is 6 years as that is the longest I have kept a car for.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Longest I've had FelPro's is 6 years as that is the longest I have kept a car for.
Come to think of it, it could have been Fel-Pro OR Pro-Form, can't remember which one it's been so long ago..I've had my Nova since 1991, it came from N. Carolina, and it still only has about 67k miles on her.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts