Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am off to cedar falls grudge racing nite. I havent had my car back to the track since I installed calvret springs, calvert traction bars,adj QA1 shocks(FRONT AND REAR),copper faced twin disc spec clutch,new subframe connectors, 10 in rear wheels(had 8's )and fab 9 rear!! Hope for no breakage. I will try and add pics and videos tomorrow. Off we go

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Next time

First pass car pulled hard(ripping tires off in 1st and 2nd) hit third and the lower intercooler pipe blew off OOPS!!! It went 10.9 at 121 . Second pass pulled in water box set line lock and the brake pedal went to the floor. Looked under car and the rear wheels screws wore a hole in the rear drivers side braided line. SO I will repair line and back to track in 2 weeks.

·
Premium Member
6,444 Posts
Sorry to hear about your brake line's. But what kind of ET's are you hoping for.....:turn:

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
times

last year with old set up(suspension,turbos,heads,etc) it went 10.01 at 143, It should run 9.80's no problem.

·
Vendor
7,085 Posts
You are very lucky that the problem surfaced in the burnout box,amagine the pucker factor of the pedal going to the floor @ 143 mph!!!

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pucker

Would not of been good it is a short track followed by a large corn filed(full of corn of course):no::no:

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
laundry

It is almost to that point. I just upgraded to all wheel disc brakes. 1/4 mile ruls in midwest anything faster then 150 needs a chute.

·
Registered
288 Posts
twin turbo nova-from car craft?

Is this the former 4-door 66/67 nova that was sorta in car craft or hot rod magazine last year with a twin turbo LS1/6-Speed made into a 2 door and painted in black primer? I also saw pictures/video of that car on 1320video.com... cool to hear you've been tweeking it either way...post some updated pictures and/or video when you DO get it down the track...please!?!

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
today

Just got break line so I will take a video walk around the car today. Headed to car craft in MN this weekend but will be at track following fri.:yes::yes:

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
pics of line oops!!!!!

Now fixed

And ready for action

1 - 20 of 20 Posts