Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has been asked before so I took some pics while replacing my broken head light adjuster spring on the passenger side. Remove bezel (4 philips screws) remove trim ring (3 flat head screws) pull head lamp out enough to unplug it, then with needle nose pliers remove the adjuster spring at the bottom right side opposite for driver side. Lastly wiggle the bucket down to release it from the up adjuster then toward the grill to remove it from the outside adjuster (do not undo these screws). The springs and bucket are side specific right and left.

Adjuster spring opening on the lower right near the grill.

Locate the hole for the spring in the bucket.

Put the bucket in place (reverse of above removal) then use a hook to pull the spring forward to put into place.

Plug head lamp in, place in the bucket, put the trim ring over with 3 flat head screws and had bezel.

·
Registered
14 Posts
:confused:On the indentation spot where the adjuster spring sits in should their be a hole there to hook up the back side of the spring. Mine has no hole, just blank.

·
Banned
0 Posts
I replaced the radiator support on a 69' nova and there was no hole for the spring either.I called classic industries and the rep said he would look into it and get back to me.Never called back.I ended up using a dremel and small bit to drill a hole then used an allen wrench to "bend" the contour for the spring to fit.The other thing that sucks is I could only find one side of reman. spring every where I checked they only sell one side,and being side specific that's totally ridiculous.:bored:

·
Premium Member
13,649 Posts
I have not personally seen one of goodmarks so I can't say as to who made those.

As far as the sided springs, I think thats BS also.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are left and right side springs for the headlamp buckets.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You are correct sir, damn I was wrong again!!!!:devil::D
I actually just learnt this myself, because I put together the headlamps for my buddies car last week and the fastener kit he bought, had a right and left. It was news to me too.

·
Registered
134 Posts
left and right?

anyone have a source for the springs? I have a new driver's side spring and an old passenger side (left) if looking at rad support...Ground Up says, only one spring exists, and so does local parts guy...However, the spring in my hand tells me differently.
Help.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yes, placed my hood, bumper, and transmission on my car. What a difference. 25.5" ground to front top fender well. 24" ground to quarter top of well. Amazing how much those items settled the suspension.

I'll update with photos soon.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts