Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, Ive ran a 10.97 at 123 on a 383 cu sbc.
11.25 comp, Dart Iron Eagle 215 ,254/260 duration .555 lift cam.Flat mech cam.
I want to change to an aluminum head and roller cam.
I would like to run mid to low 10's on the motor
Looking for advice and a recommendation. Ive got my eyes on the AFR's but ?
Brandon

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
Spend the money on squirting some juice. Wouldn't cost much to get you where you want to go. Just one man's opinion.

Jim Smith

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
just change the heads you have to the afrs ........... but why ? what gears do you have now or should i say whats your set up now .......... got the motor specs but whats the rest :yes:

·
Premium Member
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On a 250 shot the car almost runs a 9. 10.03 @132. I want to run well into the 9's but I dont want to spray anymore N20. The cam I dont think was a wise choice.Its on a 112 lobe seperation and the duration and lift is undersized for the heads.
I was going to send the heads out to be ported,but for a little more money,I wanted to buy a set of aluminums and cnc ported. Let a little weight go off the front end.
Of course when the motor is all done,I'll send the ATI converter out to be changed.

·
Premium Member
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
508 Posts
On a 250 shot the car almost runs a 9. 10.03 @132. I want to run well into the 9's but I dont want to spray anymore N20. The cam I dont think was a wise choice.Its on a 112 lobe seperation and the duration and lift is undersized for the heads.
I was going to send the heads out to be ported,but for a little more money,I wanted to buy a set of aluminums and cnc ported. Let a little weight go off the front end.
Of course when the motor is all done,I'll send the ATI converter out to be changed.
if your spray 250 the cam is a great choice. you will suffer a little more on the motor passes but your gaining alot on the spay, which is what you want. if you do the angle milling or go with the afr's to make a little more power on the motor your just going to gain at least that much more on the jug. JMO/ fil us in on the rest of your combo and you might be able to change something else to get you were yo want to be.

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
I would go with the AFR 210 eliminators. They flow 290+ at .500" lift, and you can easily make 600 hp with that. Your current rocker arms should also work.
Go with a mechanical roller, 262/268 @ .050" on a 110 LSA. .645"/.630" lift with 1.5 rar.
A Super vic intake would be nice too.

·
Premium Member
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would go with the AFR 210 eliminators. They flow 290+ at .500" lift, and you can easily make 600 hp with that. Your current rocker arms should also work.
Go with a mechanical roller, 262/268 @ .050" on a 110 LSA. .645"/.630" lift with 1.5 rar.
A Super vic intake would be nice too.
I'm running a Super Victor. I wanted to have it ported also.
Brandon

·
Premium Member
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If I have the heads angle milled. Aprox what kinda of compression gain would I expect. Also would I also need the intake milled?
Brandon

·
Registered
508 Posts
If I have the heads angle milled. Aprox what kinda of compression gain would I expect. Also would I also need the intake milled?
Brandon
how much they take off will determine how much more comp. you will get. and if they angle mill them they should mill the intake side of the head so that the intake will still work with out having to do it.

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
umm

i guess it depends on ur pistons , what an angle mill would do for ya ,, around here you can get that done for around 150.0 bux

at my friends shop , he just had a 383 go out the door that dynoed 575 hp at this altitude ( with only a 750 Hp , i'd say he could have used more ) , which corrected is around 620 i think he told me ,,, it had 14-1,, 272-274 @.050 cam using the Dart Pro 1's that he ported. Its running 5.90's in a 2300lb tube car @ 2200 elevation,, it used a super vic too

1 - 13 of 13 Posts