Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know a Nova owner on Kauai? I spotted this in a carport while heading to the salt pond:

·
Premium Member
3,684 Posts
Is there actually metal under the paint?:D

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
Good Spot ! The Deuces still there are rare for sure

Kauai Brings back Great Memories, beware of the Menehunes, Barking Sands

little old ladies with the paco loco, Enchanted Island Yes

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is there actually metal under the paint?
It looked pretty solid from what I could see cruising past. Pretty amazing considering some fairly new cars have fenders flapping in the breeze over there! Saw a few beautiful high buck street rods cruising, some muscle cars out and about, Vettes, Porsches, etc.
I still can't get over how there are more cool cars on that tiny island, than any of the others I've been to (Oahu, Maui, the Big Island)
The dragstrip had a couple 8 sec. Camaros, a 10 sec. 3rd gen Nova, some 9 sec. Chevy's, and a lot of slow stuff as well. Saw a few low 7 sec. passes by Chevy powered dragsters too.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Don't know anyone on Kauai with Novas. Have several friends/customers on Oahu, Maui, & the Big Island with early Novas. Also spotted a White 66 SS in a carport on Maui, but no one home.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
We happened upon a car show in Oahu in North shore a few years ago. About 20 -30 cars. A good mix of cars, with some nice street rods.

I think I need to go back and look for more!!!

Tim

·
Premium Member
3,341 Posts
Yeah I remember seeing alot of cool cars out there as we pulled in there quite frequently. I just thought it was funny, we'd be waiting for the city bus to come to take us to the beach area (Waikiki) and all these cars would pull up to us and asked if we wanted a ride, most of the time for a ridiculous price like $3 or $5 each. They always told us the bus would not show for over an hour or so, but as soon as we said no thank you and they drove away here came the bus which I think was only like a $1 back then. :D

·
Premium Member
11,931 Posts
Yeah I remember seeing alot of cool cars out there as we pulled in there quite frequently. I just thought it was funny, we'd be waiting for the city bus to come to take us to the beach area (Waikiki) and all these cars would pull up to us and asked if we wanted a ride, most of the time for a ridiculous price like $3 or $5 each. They always told us the bus would not show for over an hour or so, but as soon as we said no thank you and they drove away here came the bus which I think was only like a $1 back then. :D
LOL!!! Gotta pay for 'dem speed parts somehow!!!

John

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
here's a link to a couple local car shows with lots' of nova turnout
WOW!,
I've seen some of the bugs on the street in Oahu, but none of the others.
In Kauai you see them pretty regularly. One weekend I saw a few cars and bikes cruising thru Waikiki, but not very many. Oahu doesn't have a track do they? Where do those guys with race cars go?

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
don't know anyone in kauai, but here on oahu i know a bunch of nova owners. here's a link to a couple local car shows with lots' of nova turnout.

no 56K it might take a while to load. lots of pics.
Yep, I saw your post on the 67-72 truck forum...the little orange Datsun pick up looks like my friend, Rick Rickert's, old truck from Ewa Beach.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I still can't get over how there are more cool cars on that tiny island, than any of the others I've been to (Oahu, Maui, the Big Island)
You gotta think about it Haole......... its the garden island........ its not pineapples there growing up in them mountains..... its pacalolo. 10" lift kits with 40" Super Swampers on a 09 Crew Cab F-350 isn't get paid for by working at the Sheraton in Poipu. :devil::devil:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Yep, I saw your post on the 67-72 truck forum...the little orange Datsun pick up looks like my friend, Rick Rickert's, old truck from Ewa Beach.
probably is the same guy. it's an older truck paint is a little faded, cracking, but the truck is still nice. that's why i shot it :D

WOW!,
I've seen some of the bugs on the street in Oahu, but none of the others.
In Kauai you see them pretty regularly. One weekend I saw a few cars and bikes cruising thru Waikiki, but not very many. Oahu doesn't have a track do they? Where do those guys with race cars go?
no track currently. they having a build the track event next weekend here at the aloha tower. semi car show. peeps bringing out their race cars. they trying to raise awareness because the street racing is picking up again.

You gotta think about it Haole......... its the garden island........ its not pineapples there growing up in them mountains..... its pacalolo. 10" lift kits with 40" Super Swampers on a 09 Crew Cab F-350 isn't get paid for by working at the Sheraton in Poipu. :devil::devil:
it's actually Pakalolo. as in Paka = cigarette, lolo = crazy/stupid. well kauai had one of the worlds largest operation, that was until Green harvest shut them down last year. that operation supplied around the world. bunch of hippies living in the valleys.

·
Registered
876 Posts
When I was visiting my daughter on oahu, i followed that metal flake green nova w/the blower from ala moana beach over to navy housing. I also saw a orange 1st. gen with a blower cruising with a late model vw bug which also had a v8 blower motor. they were cruising waikiki.
If that wasn't enough there was also a 90 something jeep wrangler with a blower skicking out of it's hood, it was parked and had calif. plates. I don't think it will be coming back to cali with that motor stuffed under the hood.

·
Registered
131 Posts
the texico gas station on kalakaua is a local hangout fri and sat nights for some of the old timers. the guy with the blown VW is my wife's uncle. he took that to pleasenton last year. the orange 1st gen might have been the redish one he also has. wife's car i think.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts