Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I also posted this in the BS section just in case.

Its a familiar story: Way back in 1986, in a little town called Lodi, New Jersey, I smashed up my 1st car, a rare 1976 Nova SS Hatchback. Heartbroken and banged up pretty good, I sold the car for $500 bucks.

Maybe, just maybe, the guy who bought her fixed her up and she still exists. I am still looking to retrieve the VIN#, but here's a description: NOTE: The car would have had pretty good front end damage when purchased from me in Lodi, NJ back in Spring of 1986.

1976 NOVA SS Hatchback
Silver, with red lower striping
SS decals removed
Red bench seats
350 engine, 4 barrel, TH350 column shifter
Original Rallye wheels
Bumper guards
Posi rear

Thanks!

·
Registered
89 Posts
i found a car just like that (close in color) same ralley wheels and everything. but its down here in monmouth county (long branch). ill try and find the road again and snap some pictures becuz it looks almost identical to that one and theres not many around here

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Let me know NovaBear- I'm standing by!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Are you trying to buy the car back? I would think if you have record or something with the vin number someone would be able to find out if the car is registered or what happened to it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Less interested in buying the car back-have the '75 SS now and no room for more.

I guess I'm just hoping that she was repaired and still lives- I really screwed up!

·
Super Moderator
12,008 Posts
Are your console gauges factory? Can you post a photo of them. In 77 all the gauges were moved to the dash panel, I had to modify the console to get them in my car.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Are your console gauges factory? Can you post a photo of them. In 77 all the gauges were moved to the dash panel, I had to modify the console to get them in my car.
Could you post a pic of your modifications? I am not sure to understand well... Sorry:(

·
Super Moderator
12,008 Posts
Here is an old photo of the console gauges when the interior was still being worked on using an auto transmission console and an after market gauge plate for a 69 Camaro.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Console Gauges

Yes, the console gauges are factory stock- RPO U17

Here's a picture-let me know if you need more.

Thanks.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Thanks for the photo, yours is the only 4th gen I have seen with the gauge option. They are the same as the 3rd gen Nova and 69 Camaro.
Philip, I have the same factory console and gauges in my 76. My car was born with them as I found the build sheet the other week and the options are on it.The console and gauges are out of the car right now. If you need other pics let me know and I can take some.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Build Sheet

Zoom,

I'd love to see the build sheet if you can take a picture or scan it for us.

I have mine as well- the original owner pulled it from under the back seat over 30 years ago. I'll try to scan it and post it too.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Zoom,

I'd love to see the build sheet if you can take a picture or scan it for us.

I have mine as well- the original owner pulled it from under the back seat over 30 years ago. I'll try to scan it and post it too.
The build sheet is in really bad shape. I tried to get a good picture of it when I found it on top of the gas tank but it's unreadable in the pics. I can try and scan it. You may be able to see something that way.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No biggie!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts