Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Have Some Header Fitment Info

I HAVE A 66 SS WITH A STOCK FRONT CLIP WITH POWER ASSISTED STEERING. I INSTALLED A RAM JET 350 WITH THE FAST BURN HEADS. HEADS HAVE RAISED PORTS. BOUGHT A SET OF HEDMAN 68160 DID NOT FIT AROUND STEERING BOX / PITMAN ARM,:mad: :mad: DID CLEAR SLAVE CYCLINDER. ORDERED SOME DOUG'S HEADERS D367Y FIT LIKE A GLOVE CLEARS EVERYTHING, STILL A LITTLE CLOSE TO STEERING BOX BUT NOT RUBBING. DOUG'S HEADERS D367Y IN PLAIN STEEL OR CERAMIC COATED. GOOD HEADER NICE THICK FLANGE, REAL NICE FIT. :D :D :D :D :usa: :usa:

·
Banned
389 Posts
Headers

Who carries/sells the Doug's Headers? What size tubes are they? Prices? Got a website? Are they for a 4 speed car? Any other fitment issues? I have heard before they fit the best, may have been on this site. Keep us informed when you finish putting them in.

·
Premium Member
5,820 Posts
SparkysSS said:
Who carries/sells the Doug's Headers? What size tubes are they? Prices? Got a website? Are they for a 4 speed car? Any other fitment issues? I have heard before they fit the best, may have been on this site. Keep us informed when you finish putting them in.
Check the header info page in my sig. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,924 Posts
What is the difference between the D367Y and the D366?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SparkysSS said:

i found the info on summit racing. put in part # d367y and it comes up, click where it says check for fit applications . it will tell you all the specs. believe 1 5/8" tube, 2 1/2" collector, tri y design. standard and auto floor shift, power steering , brakes, a/c. , most angle plug heads including factory bowtie, d port cylinder heads including zz4 crate. it does mention will not work with the 168 tooth flywheel or flexplate. you can check it yourself. i talked to the tech rep at doug's headers they told me that they're not going to make the d366y anymore so that's why i got the d367y. the price at summit was 509.95 coated, 369.95 plain. hope this helps.:cool:

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
Can you give the name of the tech guy at Doug's and the number? I'd like to call and talk to him. I too have some questions. Thanks!

Tony J.

·
Premium Member
1,563 Posts
I would like to find out about the 168 tooth limit also. I would like to know if it is for a stock starter or whether a mini with 168 tooth would work.

I had to use a mini with my Hedman headers and adjust the motor part down and close to the block.

·
Premium Member
1,924 Posts
Yea, let us know how they fit. I am in the market for new headers and would like to upgrade from the small tube Heddman's I am running now. I am running a rear sump oil pan with small kick-outs and also a 2004R trans and will have to figure out if these would work.

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
I have the D-367Y coated on my 66 w/4spd scatter shield 168 flywheel.
Stock starter fits no problem, if you have 4 speed install the Z bar
cross shaft before tightning headers down so you can work it in. My
scatter shield had slight interfernce, had to grind slightly for clearance.
I have a rear sump pan, no kickouts. Great headers! Here's some contact
info, they have been bought out by Pertronix, but I believe the tech
line is still in Calif.
http://www.dougsheaders.com/contact.htm

1 - 14 of 14 Posts