Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when doing a rear end narrowing how do you come up with the how long your axles need t be afterwards , i know how to cut the housing down. But the guy that i use to have weld everything up and figure out the axles passed away so , anyhelp would be great

·
Premium Member
2,354 Posts
After you get the housing cut and you're sure about the width, call Moser and give them the dimensions they ask for and they'll send you what you need. Studs, bearings, everything. Moser is the best. They did my 9" for the 65 and after I gave them my dimensions, I had a complete rear on my porch in two days. Just remember, Measure three times, cut once. lol Dave

·
Registered
179 Posts
If you already have your housing cut and finished. go on moser website, there is a custom axle order form that has diagrams of all the measurements you will need to take. just fill the form out and they will cut them and ship them to you.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
okay heres what i got lets see if im correct in rear width need to be 68 inchs outside tire to tire for a total width. and the axle i have is 60 inchs across backing plate to backing plate, so now with that all said the rear frame i have is 32 inchs wide. so now with a 4and a half inch back space and adding one inch to each side of the frame for clearance i figure my rear axle housing should be 42 inchs wide. does this sound correct or where did i go wrong

1 - 4 of 4 Posts