Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My idea is to lean the windshield back ever so slightly and to lean the roof down to join it. Maybe 5 degrees on the windshield to give it a raked look. Something most people would not notice what was done but they know it looks better that what came out of Detroit. I just think the windshield in the post cars stands up too straight

·
14,496 Posts
Found the thread below from 2015. Pictures got caught in the PB fiasco, but still give you an idea. Folks here at SNS have generally agreed that Chevy IIs and Novas don't always look their best with chopped tops, but they liked this one. The chop appears to be quite mild. The windshield is from a convertible. As nova66mussl mentions above, it's not as deep as the sedan. I like the look of this car. I think the key is keeping the chop reasonable.

1967 2 Post Sedan - Chopped and Shaved | Chevy Nova Forum (stevesnovasite.com)

Bob

·
Super Moderator
4,372 Posts
Concur. I just don't get it, personally. No doubt others dig the chopped sedan in Bob's link, but it just looks odd to me. Done right, it's very difficult to chop a vehicle with angled pillars and still have it 1) fit, 2) retain an original shape, just lower, 3) keep pillar angles the same, 4) not have it look too small, not just shorter, and 5) have glass that looks right and fits right. I mean, is it that you like the window frames in the doors and the post? Why not add that to a hardtop? Just chop some sedan doors and fab a B-post and you have a 1 1/2" chop. Cars have design and aesthetic lines, and some cars do well with a chop, others not so much. Haven't seen a chopped Chevy II that I like, but there's definitely no accounting for my taste.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I guess I'm talking more about leaning the windshield back and brining the front of the roof down to mate it. Not really a chop. Sorry but I just never thought they got the greenhouse correct with the sedan. The coupe yes that looks correct to me. Just my taste maybe. Would it be a lot of work? yes it would. Its just one of those things that drives me crazy when I look at the car. After working with metal for 33 years I have the means and the knowledge to cut this car into pieces and put it back together the way I think it should look.

Thanks for the replies guys.

·
Registered
886 Posts
I seen that done, it was at a drag car, you could tell somethg been changed but had to look at it, to decide what, very different

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ist gens look awful with a chopped top.. too boxy.. 2nd gens look a little better..
Thanks for posting these pictures. Those are some serious chops. What I am looking to do will hardly even be noticed by most people but they will think it looks better than a stock post chevy II.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I seen that done, it was at a drag car, you could tell somethg been changed but had to look at it, to decide what, very different
Yes that is the direction I am looking to take. It looks better but what was done and why do I like this car more that other chevy IIs.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
well it's not a 2 door post but it sure has been chopped a few inches.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts