Chevy Nova Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
121 - 124 of 124 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
I just want to add a small bit of advise to this drilling and tapping issue. Please if your drills flutes are 5 inches long do not use all 5 inches.
Funny or not I got a phone call one day from a friend who was helping his neightbor do this and he said that the neighbor drilled all the way though.
I had to go see and damned if he didnt drill all the way through the crank. probly a rod too knowing this guy. :confused:

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
i just put one on on a 250 l6 and it was farely simple all did was after i put the engine in i already had the grill and radiator out so i put a jack between the bumper and balancer and just jacked it on with a scissor jack

·
Registered
20 Posts
wicked long thread about threads! Looked at the procedure that brianlewis did and it looked great! Way to forge ahead! Thanks for taking the time to document and provide a solution to a long standing issue of BFH's and the old 327's without the bolt. They are the only ones I have had to deal with that have that problem. My 65 396 was threaded and so have all the motors I have owned. Great thread, great input, great site. Thanks for everyones take, I learned a lot.

Keith

121 - 124 of 124 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.