Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered some Edelbrock tie-rod sleeves from them on March 4th. Guess when I got them? Yep, today.:rolleyes: I paid $34 for the sleeves with free shipping. IMO It is worth paying $15 extra to order from Jegs to get the product in a reasonable time frame.:yes:

If you order from them be prepared to wait. You will get your merchandise undamaged but it will take a while!:yes:

·
Premium Member
8,478 Posts
For people who are in a hurry to get parts, this is something good to know. On the other hand, people like me who collect needed parts as money comes available, or a good deal is available, the waiting may not be an issue.

·
Registered
5,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For people who are in a hurry to get parts, this is something good to know. On the other hand, people like me who collect needed parts as money comes available, or a good deal is available, the waiting may not be an issue.
Yep. I hear ya on the budget thing.:D

·
Premium Member
7,732 Posts
No buyer should have to wait longer than 10 days to receive something they bought on eBay. I'm an eBay seller and I never take that long. After the second week if I didn't hear from the seller I would have filed a complaint and got my money refunded. eBay security will have Pay Pal refund your money if you want. They say sellers have 10 days to ship the item and then they are delinquent.

I had to file a complaint against a clown that I won something from on March 3rd and still hadn't received it 17 days later. I got my money back last night.

I don't care how cheap it is. There is no excuse for auctioning something and then taking over two weeks to ship it.

·
Registered
5,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't care how cheap it is. There is no excuse for auctioning something and then taking over two weeks to ship it.
What bothered me is that they clearly had to order it from Edelbrock, but they did NOT put anywhere in the ad that the item was a "pre-sell" item. Aren't they required to? And they also did not notify me in any other way that they had to order them.

Like I said you will get it, but it will take a while.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Many companies never see the part they are selling anymore. Lots of stuff is drop shipped from the manufacturer, or the wholesaler. The store puts the stuff on Ebay, sells it, and never sees it. Unfortunately, in doing this they can't always be certain that the part will be in stock at their local warehouse distributor when it actually sells.

·
Premium Member
13,649 Posts
Many companies never see the part they are selling anymore. Lots of stuff is drop shipped from the manufacturer, or the wholesaler. The store puts the stuff on Ebay, sells it, and never sees it. Unfortunately, in doing this they can't always be certain that the part will be in stock at their local warehouse distributor when it actually sells.
Then they need to state in their auction that there could be delays due to stock status of their suppliers.

·
Registered
5,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Then they need to state in their auction that there could be delays due to stock status of their suppliers.
:yes: There was nothing like that in the ad. I am STILL waiting for some hood bumpers from another seller that I bought on March 4th.:mad: Again, there was nothing I emailed twice and was told that they had to order the itme in. It supposedly shipped last Wed. or Thu. But if it doesn't get here soon I don't know what to do. It was only $4 shipped:rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts