Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some guy running 13.6s in a 91 Mustang in referring to my Wagon that was running 12.9s at the time.
"that's pretty fast for a Wagon"....

My Response " I guess it would be pretty fast for a Mustang too".

·
Premium Member
1,845 Posts
The first time I went to the drags I saw a 1st Gen Wagon leaving the line on the rear bumper! Never will forget that. Wagons are Cool.:cool:

·
Registered
430 Posts
GET SOME BRO!!! I'd drive a II wagon before I'd drive one of those Gt 500's that they all brag about but nobody seems to ever find.
Anytime a mouse-twang driver gives you any crap, use a couple of my favorites:

1) "Man, that sure is a pretty mustang. You musta put a lot of work into that!?! Yep, just like polishing a turd, might be bright and shiny, but it's still a turd."

2)"Hey, nice mustang. What year is that?" (wait for response) "Now, is that the year they gave out the free training-bra, or the starter box of kotex? 'Cause we all know that mustangs are little girl cars."

·
Registered
351 Posts
Spectator's used to tell a friend of mine, "That car would go really fast if you turned that hood scoop around and tossed that vacuum secondary carb." He ran cowl induction and a tricked 780 Holley. He ran 10.70's at 125 mph in a street car.

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
Chevy II vs Mustang !!

Last year at the Fri nite street drags, I let my friend Frank (novacars) drive the Cloner in a race against a 2004 Mustang GT!! He whooped his a$$, got my car into the 13's and lost the throttle at the end of the track, coasting thru the traps!! The mustang owner was pi$$ed !!! However, I do like the looks of the new Shelby!! Sorry !!

Bogie

·
Premium Member
8,405 Posts
Wagons are cool. that guy's just ignorant. A wagon has more weight over the rear axle than a typical 2 door.

How about this one: 8.99 @ 148 weighs 3400 lbs

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Geez... you guys are rough! I suppose that this would be a bad time to admit that my '65 Nova shares a garage with my '95 Mustang GT, and that I actually LIKE my 5.0 Ford! :eek: ;)

·
Premium Member
8,405 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
I wonder if it still seats 9 :rolleyes: :D

They are some cool wagons...I have always heard that wagons make good drag cars just for the reason Paul gave...more weight over the back tires = more traction;)

·
Premium Member
8,405 Posts
Wagons aren't as heavy as SUV's and they are actually more aerodynamic than an SUV.
A 572 in new style Caprice (91-96) wagon with the roof rack and phony wood trim removed would cool.
this looks similar to the Valiant wagon as above but they claim 6.66 @ 212 mph in the 1/4 and plan on trying for 300 mph at Bonneville. Not too bad for a wagon.

·
Premium Member
8,405 Posts
Here's yet another one yanking the front wheels. This one's a Malibu.

·
Premium Member
8,047 Posts
Well I always thought Novas were popular because of the larger overhang of sheetmetal behind the rear axle. Mustangs, Camaros and Challengers as ponycars have a nearly the same wheelbase; but the body is shifted forward on the wheelbase. Nascar cars do the same based on the style of track to move weight and downforce. Just like the altered wheelbase cars of the 60's.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts