Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so after a shot of Bulleit bourbon and sleeping on it I just remembered my question.:yes::yes:

Decided to leave off the metal inner fenders when we reassemble the front end. I want the easier access for working on things and also the weight reduction, albeit small, up front.

So now the question, who else has done this and do you regret it on a street driven car?
Note that it is not a daily driver nor does she go out in the rain.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I would leave them in because at the strip when you are going down the track it acts like a big parachute and catches the air under the hood area and slows you down.....imo

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
Mine has been a daily driver since the weather got decent (wife's driving the new car). It has no front fenders. Doesn't seem to effect anything and the rain/mud hasn't gotten in the engine bay. It seems to accumulate at the bottom of the firewall, that's about it. No regrets. Car ET'ed exactly the same (within about .01 +/-) with and without the inners. I love being able to reach in for the header bolts, wiring, etc.

Kev

PS If you like Bulleit, try Buffalo Trace. It's my favorite affordable whiskey/bourbon.

·
Premium Member
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ezra

PS If you like Bulleit, try Buffalo Trace. It's my favorite affordable whiskey/bourbon.
Thanks for the heads up, will try it.
My fav cheapo is Ezra Brooks, smokey and woody, just a little inconsistant from batch to batch though.
Now Ezra Special Reserve, thats good stuff.
Lately a buddy has been turning me on to some high end imported scotch. Got to say it's extremely good. Talk about smooth! Wow! Have never had a domestic product even get close in comparison.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I got a couple small dings on the top of the fender from the tires throwing gravel. The top of these fenders are weak!

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
I got a couple small dings on the top of the fender from the tires throwing gravel. The top of these fenders are weak!
Good thought. Even if it's not daily driven, stones get picked up and flung by tires. Nothing like "outie" dents on the tops of fenders to ruin a paint job.

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
No problems with rock dings here. Basic 195/70 14 skinny's - radial t/a's. I don't drive on gravel much though.

Kev

·
Premium Member
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dings

Never thought about getting dinged up...but I bet a layer of dynamat extreme on the under side of the fender would stop it.

I still got some laying around too...

·
Registered
857 Posts
Ya, I used bedliner on the bottom of the fenders couple of fiberglass hotrods I built to keep the rocks from fracturing the gelcoat after I saw a few others get damaged that way.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts