Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anybody do a Guldstrand Mod on there 3rd Gen, If you did, What UCA and LCA did you use, Springs or coil overs and what are the Pros and cons of doing this?
I'm wondering if I use new Tubeular (CCP)arms with my lowered spindles, will the Guldstrand mod make a differance??
I did a search, I see some of you have done this, How do you like it? Thanks Eric

·
Premium Member
3,361 Posts
IMO the GM is not all its cracked up to be. Its all in how you want your car setup- do you want understeer turning into a corner (no GM), or turning out of a corner (GM). Catch 22 if you ask me, but lots of people swear by it. There are lots of other factors as well, but for a street machine that hits the track once in a while I wouldnt bother.

·
Premium Member
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I look at it this way, its a free Mod, If it will make it handle better both on the street and twistys, all the better, But if it does more damage than good to street use, why do it? (95%street use)
What I mean (free Mod) since im going to go to better A-arms. why not try it. I can always put them back on the upper holes. except the cost of an allighnment.

·
Registered
482 Posts
IMO the GM is not all its cracked up to be. Its all in how you want your car setup- do you want understeer turning into a corner (no GM), or turning out of a corner (GM). Catch 22 if you ask me, but lots of people swear by it. There are lots of other factors as well, but for a street machine that hits the track once in a while I wouldnt bother.

I agree 100%. not worth it IMO. and its not free. time and money for a quality weld. unless your gonna do the welding yourself. but your weld better be really good cuz a lot of stress at that bracket.

you said your gonna go with up graded a arms. DSE? they compensate for camber and caster in their arm already. no need for the mod if your gonna use their arms.

·
Registered
156 Posts
DSE arms are not going to change the camber just add positive caster. You need to use a tall upper ball joint, a tall spindle, or the G mod. If your going to spend the money on a arms, might as well go with a full package that alters the crappy geometry more than just adding caster. The g mod will do this to some extent, tall ball joint or tall spindle go a step further.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts