Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Take a look at this Nova on what I think were 17" radials--how fast would you think this thing could run in the 1/8 mi.??

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm guessing a turbo, so maybe 111.
OH! A wise guy--you been peeking? I never saw under the hood, but it had a peculiar WHOOSH to it. The only pass I saw where it didn't blow the tires away real badly, it went 6.55/111

Hey!, what's that under the front tire? Air? It spun right after I shot this.

·
Premium Member
832 Posts
It was a guess, but I thought for you to be impressed it had to be fast, that meant power adder, nos and a blower were out because of the tires, and those turbo guys all seem to have stuff at the top of their windshield, so turbo and a huge top end equals 111 :D

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
but the drag radial record for 1/4 mile is 7.53 @ 191.89 mph
Yeah, I've seen stupid fast runs on radials(7's on the same BFG I run!!) but this thing is on a "Pro Touring" size tire that has no sidewall like the fast guys run. This Nova could potentially run in the 9's, but looking like a cruiser--I was quite surprized; I should have talked to him, but nobody was near it when I went to the pits.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
YEAH, i have a buddy w/ a TWIN TURBO 406, in a 60 Camaro, pushin about 930 @ the wheels. he drives it to the track and pulls 9.20's @ 157 slippin and slidin on a MT DRAG RADIAL. cant wait to get BOOOOSTED!!!!

·
Registered
427 Posts
I had a '74 that was that color, "beautiful beige". Of course mine had rust on the rear qrtr edges. I think that car is the perfect sleeper.
I had a cheerleader in high school name the car "The Beige Bullet".

1 - 12 of 12 Posts