Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I know you all like to play the guessing/ passtime game. Here is another thread. Car is a 73 Nova no grill, fiberglass hood, no jack, spare tire etc.. Car has rally wheels, summit shocks, traction bars, stock leaf springs( not cal tracs). Motor is a 355 sbc, 10.3:1 comp, 6inch rods, cast crank from eagle, forged pistons, comp 285b-6 cam(250/260 @.050 532/555 on 106). Dart pro 1 200cc heads, vic Jr., 750 dp, 3.73 gear, posi, th350, ******* 4000 stall. Street tires. What will it run? Suppose to head out to bakersfield friday(Irwindale next thursday 1/8 mile). 1.5 rockers by the way

Things have changed, will be going to the track next thursday. Running 1/8 mile!!

·
Registered
20,113 Posts
I have the ******* forged front cover 4100 stall built for my car. Expecting mine to go some low to mid 11's.

Yours would be right around 3500 lbs and if it will 60' good as in 1.65 or pretty close, I think you will go 12.20s. It has the potential to do better as in the 11's.

I had stock rear shocks on my last 71, 90/10 Competition Engineering shocks on front, traction bars, 3.73 gears, 3500 stall and it would 60' a 1.64-65.

Nevermind I see you said street tires.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I'm sure you won't hook with street tires, your 60fts. will be bad, really bad, i'll say you won't get out of the 13s on street tires.

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Why don't you just run it at Irwindale tomorrow night? It's a lot closer and if you don't hook it there, you won't hook in Bakersfield. :no: And you can always use the 1.57 multiplier to get an idea what your 1/4 mile time would be.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Why don't you just run it at Irwindale tomorrow night? It's a lot closer and if you don't hook it there, you won't hook in Bakersfield. :no: And you can always use the 1.57 multiplier to get an idea what your 1/4 mile time would be.
I will not have the money to go tomorrow. I get paid Friday, if I try to save the money it will just get spent. But I do agree with you. Irwindale us a lot closer

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well i will take the advice of znova and try to go next week, driving to bakersfield is obsurd. I just dont want to keep putting it off, the longer i wait the more things the family needs seems like.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
On street tires in summer heat, high 12's or low 13's.

Sounds like your motor is built pretty good and you have decent suspension but street tires dont do crap at the track. My best 60 ft time with street tires was a 2.2, mostly in the 2.3's.

With good sticky tires you'd probably get a 1.7 60 ft time or around that. That would get you solidly into the 12's and maybe high 11's if everything was right and you hooked.

Is there anyway you can get a set of stickier tires from a friend or something to run with? It'll still be fun on street tires, but you'll have to feather it out of the hole to get moving.

I'd be interested to see what your MPH is. That tells you what kind of power you're putting out, whereas the ET is more of how you're putting it to the ground. At least thats how I understood it.

I dont think your ET is going to be that great until you get some better tires though. I raced my car for years on street tires just for fun though, I didnt care, it was just cool to go.

Have fun and let us know how you do!

·
Registered
20,113 Posts
ET is not going to be that great with street tires so I say mid 12's @ 110 mph. I know you've been shooting for 11's and wish you best of luck. If you want to fly me out there I'll run the car for you I weight 155. :) There's a 1/10th right there. :D
I am with you Lug, that is why I said "nevermind" on my post after I read he had street tires.

I am not even taking my car period until I have my 4.10 gear and my rear Hoosier's.

·
Registered
20,113 Posts
Well, what was your E.T.?
I think there was a different thread after he took it to the track, I think. I am pretty sure his time was there, don't remember it though. Maybe 13.20-.40s?

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
I talked him out of towing it to Bakersfield. He was going to run it at Irwindale yesterday, but I think he had something else come up.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts