Chevy Nova Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
The viper input shaft is a good upgrade while youre there. Maybe have your bother check out ls1gto.com for any input from those guys on their trans. I know some guys have issues and build them but mine has been fine at 500+ RWHP. I have the MGW-P shifter by proxes in my GTO and love it. Another good one is the billet but its more expensive.
Thanks, Mike. I know my brother has a cool shifter in his car, but I don't know what brand it is. I'll talk to him about the Viper input shaft, if it's readily available and not too pricey we'd probably both go with it.

Gerry

·
Registered
295 Posts
When answering your acc drive post I thought you were a newbie, you’re far from it. Nice mods you got going on! I can’t find a thread with pics of the car though....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
74lsnova . . . . . here you go (xten57 , 69 Nova , 383 , 700R4 , "Caddy" ) . This picture was @ the
PHX Nova BBQ (2014 or 15) ?
In that pic = guy close to car = SNS member - "Poindexter" (74 Nova , LS - - "Sweating Bullits Build" ) ;
in the middle - me - & the 'tall guy' = xten57 - Gerry .

# 1

# 2 - -

# 3 - - in Kingman, AZ - 2018 "Route 66 Fun Run" …. (with other SNS Members) .

jim

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Gerry . . . . . . both you & Steve at the PowerHouse .

(and , those two 'Girls' . . . . . " photo - bombing " . . . . . . . ) .

# 1 - -

# 2 - - and, under hood = (xten57) . (Nova Phx BBQ)

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
When answering your acc drive post I thought you were a newbie, you’re far from it. Nice mods you got going on! I can’t find a thread with pics of the car though....

Sorry, but I don't have a build thread with lots of pictures of my car, or what I've done to it. It's a 69, originally a 307/TH-350, factory A/C and power steering, bench seat. Pretty basic, other than that when I bought it. Now it has a 383, roller block, mild roller cam, Fast Burn heads, Q-Jet carb, MSD ignition, 700-R4 trans. My focus now is on improving the driving experience. Future mods to include the T-56, 4-link rear suspension, 8.8 rear end and mini-tubs.

Thanks for your interest,
Gerry

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Gerry . . . . . . both you & Steve at the PowerHouse .

(and , those two 'Girls' . . . . . " photo - booming " . . . . . . . ) .

# 1 - -

# 2 - - and, under hood = (xten57) . (Nova Phx BBQ)

Jim, thanks for posting those pics! I think you have more pictures of my car than I do.

Gerry

·
Registered
295 Posts
Sorry, but I don't have a build thread with lots of pictures of my car, or what I've done to it. It's a 69, originally a 307/TH-350, factory A/C and power steering, bench seat. Pretty basic, other than that when I bought it. Now it has a 383, roller block, mild roller cam, Fast Burn heads, Q-Jet carb, MSD ignition, 700-R4 trans. My focus now is on improving the driving experience. Future mods to include the T-56, 4-link rear suspension, 8.8 rear end and mini-tubs.

Thanks for your interest,
Gerry
Are you in Arizona?

·
Registered
295 Posts
No. So Cal.
What part? We have family in the high desert and hacienda heights. When things go back to normal we want to take the nova out there, maybe for a meet or show. I’d like to attend an autocross event in Fontana at some point as well.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
What part? We have family in the high desert and hacienda heights. When things go back to normal we want to take the nova out there, maybe for a meet or show. I’d like to attend an autocross event in Fontana at some point as well.

I'm in Palmdale.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Gerry . . . . click on my "US Flag" . . . . gives out your 'location only'

You can enter this info : go to your picture on the top right.
click on "Account Settings"
down to "Location"
enter your "City , State"
done .

21 - 36 of 36 Posts