Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
13,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, selling rule #1. Do not take your 'for sale' pictures with a grumpy old man sitting in the car. Sheesh!

Restored incorrectly...no silver cove or side trim inserts. Missing lower rear peak trim.
Terrible trim alignment on passenger side door. Rear seats and door panels not correct. Detail fails like these lead one to
wonder about more short cuts under the hood and in the drivetrain. All in all, not close to a $67 K car IMO.

Bob

·
Registered
182 Posts
My pet peeve is when there are no go pictures of the underside. That always make me think that they are hiding something. Most car guys at least have wheel ramps or a jack so there is no excuse for not getting under and taking a few pictures.

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
wooow that's kinda pricey.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Okay, selling rule #1. Do not take your 'for sale' pictures with a grumpy old man sitting in the car. Sheesh!

Restored incorrectly...no silver cove or side trim inserts. Missing lower rear peak trim.
Terrible trim alignment on passenger side door. Rear seats and door panels not correct. Detail fails like these lead one to
wonder about more short cuts under the hood and in the drivetrain. All in all, not close to a $67 K car IMO.

Bob

c'mon man, he's at least worth a solid 30K extra!

that trim is easy to adjust, considering. wonder why it wasn't done?

the wheels are a good change from the typical torque thrust or or dubs. however, you have to find the right buyer there, too.

finally nice to see another car like mine with the side of hood visible (told it is bad hood hinge). certainly some nits to pick, and at that price one should.

-Rusty

·
Super Moderator
3,804 Posts
$67K without the guy, $20K with. Bob's right about the missing or strange detail fails speaking to other perhaps more roadworthy ones under the hood or the car. Beware.
The wheels are personal touch, and they don't seem a good choice to me. I'm trying to find a comparable sbc powered convertible to go for $67K and, if I found one, would it look like this? I think not.

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
The old man must’ve pulled it off. I just follow the link to check out the car and ad’s not there anymore.

·
13,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
The old man must’ve pulled it off. I just follow the link to check out the car and ad’s not there anymore.
Says it was ended because there was an error in the listing. I think the grumpy old man in the pictures was the error!

Bob

·
Vendor
1,728 Posts
Man, nothing sells a car faster than a retiree in sandals with socks on. Yeesh.
OK, it wasn't just me thinking this...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts