Well as you guys may remember I removed my 307 due to a backfiring condition, which appeared to be caused by a worn cam lobe. The 307 was on its last legs anyway (oil pressure at 20psi max hot), so I replaced it with a new GMPP 290hp 350 crate engine. Unfortunately, it looks like what was causing problems with the 307 is now attached to the 350. I was able to due the required 20 min break in at 2500 rpm, and it ran decently, but when I went to drive the car in gear I noticed it had absolutely no guts (bad hesitation, very little power) at all, much like what the 307 had been doing, with the exception of the backfiring through the carburetor. My initial timing is at 12*, and idle is fine in and out of gear, but I have only 15 in of vacuum with the idle circuit adjusted for highest vacuum. I'm not sure if that is normal for this engine or not. I transferred my edelbrock carb, summit hei distributor, and fuel pump to the new engine, so my bet is either I have a vacuum leak (which I couldn't find) or something is up with one of the three items above.