Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Just started this thing up on Saturday. Due to budgetary constraints and limited time from a Navy life, it took a year and a half to complete. Hand made from start stand casters to air filter. It wasn't a perfect start, but I've at least gotten through the cam break in. I cropped out the problem areas in the video (like water leaks and spark plug boots catching fire) and left only the start so as not to embarrass myself. Radiator and fan (Yes, it was a home box fan) wasn't up to par, that's being replaced tomorrow so I can run for longer periods and tune. This site helped quite a bit during the build process, and just wanted to give my thanks and share my excitement.

Oh, and don't tighten temp sensor fittings while hot. It may snap and spray you with steam. Just saying.

http://youtu.be/C4cnEATLr18

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, we all enjoyed the sound. Yep, built the run stand as well. Couldn't bring myself to pay the prices of pre-fabbed ones.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As soon as I bring the Nova down to San Diego. Restoration on it is at about 5%, but my hopes were that a running drivetrain would motivate me to get the rest done. So, in a month or two just to destroy the old tires with a couple burns.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Mike, the video is perfect. When the engine starts you look like the "Mad Scientist" who just created THE BEAST.....Great video....Jack

1 - 9 of 9 Posts