Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I just put a 4 barrel carb in my car and I am putting the battery back on. There is a ground wire to the frame on the negative side of the battery. But then coming off the part of the frame where the radiator is, is another black wire that looks like it runs from inside the car. Is there supposed to be 2 ground wires on the negative side on the battery or just one?

Thanks,
DuDe

·
6,502 Posts
There should be a large cable from the battery negative post to the block or alternator bracket and a smaller wire with a fusible link from the battery negative terminal to the fender. There is no need to run a wire from the battery negative terminal to the frame.
There may be, depending on the year a positive wire off of the battery that goes to the horn relay.
Black does not always mean ground nor does red always mean power. Trace the wiring down if in doubt.
Jim

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
this wire grounds somewhere inside the car and it comes out by the battery. I am not sure if it was hooked up before or not. my car had a ground from the negative terminal to the body when i got it but i dont think it would need 2?

·
Registered
871 Posts
I think the ground your talking about is for the front head light. Follow the wire down does it go to the headlight Plug! You should have one on each sde for your hedlights.

Jason

1 - 4 of 4 Posts