Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: The top of the SS (69) grill is it supposed to be all black or natural finish?I've looked at other pics and all I can find are restored cars they are black on top where the rivets are and top fin is kept bright.

Taz

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
68chevyll said:
I believe the front is natural and the rear of it is black. Correct me if I'm wrong anyone. Later.

Mark!
Hey Mark you know when you lift the hood and look straight down at the grill where the hood release is,that's the part I'm gettig ready to paint or not I think the 68's are the same,thanks for response.

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
my ss grille is all black even the top..it also has a grille reinforcement that is black

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
actually here is a pic of 68chevyII's car that he just posted..look at the top of his grille

·
14,588 Posts
grill paint

The 69 car I just picked up is not an SS or at least there are no marking to indicate so, fender vents etc. The car is a V8 car. The grill is natural on the fronts of all the grill bars. The top and bottom bars are natural in front and on top but the ones in between are painted on top. The top bar where the rivets go is painted black right up to the edge of the grill bar then it is natural. Hopefully this will help, as I said this car is not an SS, but it does have all of the original mouldings including 68 style headlight bezels.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys that's what I thought just finished stipping a grill and support brace from 69 my car had 70 style SS grill and should be 69 so I can paint it correctly now thanks again.

Paul

1 - 7 of 7 Posts