Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ya'll,

My name is Clif, and I am from Lexington, SC. I am proud to say I am posting here as a owner again, versus an former owner.

25 Years ago I had a 1977 Chevy Nova with an inline 6. It was my first love, it was my dream come true. I lost her after less than a year because of people who evidently needed her, or her parts, more than I.

Through thick and then I have looked to find another and had no luck. Either I didn't have the money, there was no title, or it was a 4 door (no offense to those who have them.)

Well last Monday, my chase finally ended. I found my dream girl again, and of all places she was less than 100 yards from me when I found her.

So my new girlfriend (as my wife calls her) is finally home. While she may not be a prize to some, she is 1st place with me.

Without further adieu, my gal

I have created an album here, not sure how to link it yet, with some more pics and hopefully will be able to update it as I go along.

She is a 1977 Chevy Nova with a 305

She is rough in some spots (quarter panel, gas tank with hole, paint badly needed) but she will shine up right nice. Look forward to picking some brains and maybe offering something in return if possible.

Since the first picture I have purchased a fuel tank, forgot to get a new sender, and put two new shoes on her. After I make sure she is road worthy, on to the damage control on the body and then to paint. This will be a long road, but considering I waited about 25 years for her, I am used to waiting.

Thanks for reading, and hope ya'll have a nice day,

Clif

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
TO SNS CLIF, :waving:
NICE BASE TO GET STARTED WITH
GLAD TO HAVE YOU WITH US, ENJOY THE SITE!
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to SNS. Isn't it great when you finally find that long lost love?
It's a feeling I am sure can be appreciate here.... unlike in the realm of non car lovers /shudder.

I was talking to one of my pals about her, and this random fellow came up and said "You know you could sell that for a lot of money if you put some work into it" I wanted to ask him "Would you sell your wife or daughter after a facelift?" Instead I took the high road, and said "nope, not gonna happen" and walked away as he was talking

Thanks for all the warm welcomes

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I look at the picture of your car with one set of eyes, and think "Yuck, what a mess." I read your kind words and remember all the work I need to put into my own neglected project, then look at your picture again with a different set of eyes, and think "Wow, what a great car."
If it makes you feel any better, I thought the same thing about the mess, but at the same time, the dream. /tip o the hat

·
Registered
585 Posts
Great car and story.. One day 4th gens will rule the world.:bored: your car looks a better then mine when I started. Can't wait to see more pics as it comes along. Pull up a seat, get a beer and learn a thing or two..

·
Registered
5,681 Posts
Welcome to the family..... :yes:

Here to help with ideas, parts, suggestions, etc :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
haha, i here ya. well im just a guy with an all around football family. have a son-n-law that went to clemson, so my daughter and their kids are clemson fans. have a daughter that went to carolina, so her family is carolina fans. have a son thats playing now for newberry. so im just caught in the middle somewhere. but have to admit, that i do like carolina baseball lol

·
Registered
700 Posts
looks like a great starting point wish i had pics of mine when i got back in 84 it sure was very rough , of course its kinda rough now time for rebuild number two

·
Premium Member
2,330 Posts
Welcomed aboard, 77N!!!

That's what is called,"Vision". You have to s what she'll become and not what she is now...sort of like kids. We pour a lot effort into our kids, partly, because we want them to become something of themselves. ;)

I had a 76 myself when living in Cali. Great little cars. :yes::yes:

GerryLP:cool:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Great car and story.. One day 4th gens will rule the world.:bored: your car looks a better then mine when I started. Can't wait to see more pics as it comes along. Pull up a seat, get a beer and learn a thing or two..
They will rule? They already do... just kidding guys. I love almost all the novas (minus the tercels no offense)

I am all about learning (See tag: A man who learns is a man who gains)

Welcomed aboard, 77N!!!

That's what is called,"Vision". You have to s what she'll become and not what she is now...sort of like kids. We pour a lot effort into our kids, partly, because we want them to become something of themselves. ;)

I had a 76 myself when living in Cali. Great little cars. :yes::yes:

GerryLP:cool:
Vision is a wonderful thing. Like beauty, it is within the eye of the beholder.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts