Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been a member of the site for a little while and thought I would say hi. I'm from western Kentucky near Bowling Green, home of the Corvette. I'm a fairly young guy, or at least I think so (29 is still young I guess) so I missed out on the muscle car era but my dads love of cars got me started at a young age. My first car was a 73 Nova hatchback and I have been hooked on Novas every since then. It belonged to my grandfather who bought it brand new in 73 to use as his fishing car. He could get his fishing gear in and out easy since it was a hatchback. I have very fond memories of riding around with him in it. The car was passed down to my brother and then to me. The car sat for several years until I was finally financially able to restore it about 3 years ago. My dad runs a body shop so that helps too. There was some rust in the floors, trunk, and hatch that was repaired. We dropped a 350 grooms crate engine in it with edelbrock intake and 650 cfm carb. The car was originally red so we went with the GM color torch red which is very close to the factory color. We also added hooker headers and a nice set of flowmaster exhaust to finish it off. Other than that it is stock. My dad and I are members of a local car club and take it to local cruise ins. I don't think Grandpa would recognize it now if he were still around. We enjoy it very much.

I also have a 67 hardtop project that dad and I are working on. I searched for about a year for it but I finally found one in Cincinatti. I have had it about a year and progress has been slow but fun. It needs a lot of work but it will be worth it. It's originally a butternut yellow car but we will probably go marina blue or red. It is fairly solid and hadn't been chopped up so that was a plus. I can't wait to get it on the road.

Anyway, good to be a part of this site. Always good to be in the company of other Nova nuts. My dad and I will be at Belterra for the nationals this month. This will be the first time we have gone. I've been looking forward to it for a while now. I hope to see you there!

·
Premium Member
6,277 Posts
Welcome to the site neighbor. I am just about 45 min. away from BG. I come up to Beech Bend races a lot. Can we see a few pics of the Novas.
JR:)

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Welcome to SNS!:)

·
Registered
265 Posts
I'm from Kentucky as well - welcome - my wife and I are going to belterra also. My car won't be joining us as i just got it and it's gonna take a few years to get it together - unless I find a winning lotto ticket on the ground somewhere. lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts