Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

My name is Kavesh, and I have a 1972 Chevrolet El Camino, pickup. I just had her restored about a year ago. This El Camino is based on the Australian Holden, although the front is a little different.

I still have the original chevy 4100 L6 motor and single barrel rochester.

I would like to swap out the carb to a 38 weber as I hear these are far more suited to these 250cubic inch motors. So i'm on the hunt for one and then to figure out how to do the conversion.

Any advice on the matter will be appreciated.

PS, i'll try and load some pics later on

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Welcome to the site :waving:

Im sure one of our members can help, just give it time so everyone can view the thread...:yes:

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
I'D DO A 390 HOLLEY CARB WITH THAT 250!

YOU'LL FIND AN ENORMOUS AMOUNT OF TALENT HERE ON SNS, ENJOY THE RIDE! GLAD TO HAVE YOU WITH US!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
Welcome to Steve's Nova Site. I hope you find all your answers!! South Africa is another stop on my bucket list someday!!

:ragtop:

·
Premium Member
1963 Chevy II wagon 400
11,882 Posts
Welcome & while you're at it, throw up some photos of your El Camino when you get a chance. :cool: :D

Aloha, Ric

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi guys

Please advise how to upload pics, I see the icon that says insert image, but it wants a url. My pics are on my pc.

Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'D DO A 390 HOLLEY CARB WITH THAT 250! [

Interesting choice of carbs. Here in South Africa, I have not heard of anyone using it on the 250, maybe its not a popular size carb, although there are plenty of Holley's around for the V8's. I will investigate this option.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey John

I live not far from Durban, about 100kms in a little town called Pietermaritzburg.

The El Camino is not a light vehicle, it weights about 1.4tons. You guys may know the Chev SS which is a derivative of this vehicle, the front is identical, and the rest is a coupe (2 door). Very sought after vehicle over here, only a handful can be found.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts