Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'm new to the site so wanted to introduce myself - I'm Richard, I live in SoCal (Huntington Beach to be exact) and have been a Chevy enthusiust my entire life. Probably the first Chevy I rode in was a Nova - both of my Grandmothers and my Grandfather had them, and it was something of a tradition for my family to be rolling in a Nova!

I've had a LOT of Chevys over the years - a '64 Impala, '77 Camaro, '84 S10, '57 Bel Air, '58 Biscayne, '56 210 Wagon, '52 Fleetline, '47 Fleetline, and my latest - a '37 Master Deluxe "Slantback" 4-door sedan, currently one of only 4 know to exist (rarest US produced '37 in existence as far as I know). Attached is a photo of the '37 to give you an idea of where I am coming from, hope this works (I'm doing this as a quick test, I will get to the Nova part of this soon, I promise).
[/IMG]

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
sweet ride .......... but if its really rare i would park it cause you never know .......... welcome to steves im in riverside ca not to far east of you.

·
Premium Member
6,444 Posts
Welcome to the place and man that is one sweet looking ride you go there.:yes:

·
Registered
821 Posts
Okay, that seemed to work! Thanks for your responses already, and on with the story.......

Anyway, as you can see by the pictures and by my list of previous cars, there has always been a serious lowrider influence going on with my cars. Not really sure where that came from being a "Gabacho" and all (Spanish slang similar to "******"), but I just always appreciated and respected the lowrider and custom car movement, as did most of my friends. In fact, our club is called the "HB Gabachos" and we have been featured in Lowrider, Street Low, "Living the Low Life" (on Speed Channel), etc.

So it was getting time for a new daily driver, and I had always wanted a Nova. I've been good friends with Steve Stanford for years, and many of you are probably familiar with his red/white 62 Nova convertible project that featured 56 Chevy side trim airbrushed on, an amazing car. The original artwork called for 57 Chevy hubcaps and wide whites, and it always stuck in my head that a Nova would be really cool as a mild custom or lowrider (especially with wide whites). The blue wagon featured on your masthead was a BIG influence as well!

Given my interest in lowriders in recent years, there was no doubt I would go with that style, so get ready guys, here may be the first Nova done in full lowrider "bomb" style - all stock with every freakin option and accessory you could possibly put on a 64 Nova, slammed on airbags, Kelsey Hayes wires, 5.60 BFG Silvertown bias plys (sorry, just can't do radials on a bomb), the whole works!

These pictures are from a couple weeks ago, fresh out of the "Bagman's" shop in Anaheim (Ponch Silva, call him at 714-634-0500, simply the best for custom Bag set-ups). I've got a LONG way to go, but couldn't wait to get on here with some pics. I will post these up on the appropriate forum as I get used to the site, but it is a pleasure being here!

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay, that didn't work, I will try it one more time but replys don't seem to like my Photobucket posts, let's see if these come through.....
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
that is bad rrrsss i like it i know what your going to say but i think you should spray it " flat black " then it would have the best of both worlds lowrider / ratrod :D :devil: or you can leave it as is cause it looks cool like that too. you are going to have a lot of the 4 door / moredoor guys talking to you thats for sure ................ sweet ride man, sweet ride :yes:

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks very much for the nice words! I will probably talk more about the car on the other forum, but she's sporting original paint right now and will probably stay in suede for quite awhile. Not sure if you can see it in the picture, but we've got Mexican blankets on the seats, so it will definitely have a "rat rod" / rockabilly vibe big time - in fact, I may take her to the primer nationals as a dry run, and for sure we will be at Viva Las Vegas. It will likely see paint and upolstery eventually though, it is a REALLY clean original car and deserves a good paint job (when I can afford it that is!).

·
Premium Member
1963 Chevy II wagon 400
11,882 Posts
Aloha bro, that's a superb '37...............welcome to Steves !!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,684 Posts
Hey Richard welcome to our little Nova brotherhood here at Steves. I love the 37! What a beautiful car! Albert De Alba at Marios Autoworks has a metal flaked Candy Apple 36, maybe you know him. I'm sure you guys have crossed paths before in the low rider circuit somewhere. There are a bunch of us up here in the Rancho Cucamonga, Pomona, Ontario, Chino Hills area. Hopefully we can all get together soon and meet you.:yes: I dont think we have anyone in our group that has a first gen coupe more door!:no: First Gens Rock!

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Another sweet Cali ride!

Welcome to the site!:yes:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts