Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

So I few years ago, my shift linkage in the tranny came loose. I took my TH350 pan off and tightened the nut inside the trans. Put it back together no leak no issues. A few months later it came loose again, nothing a little locktite couldn't fix. When I put it back together my pan leaked. Then leaked again, and again. Mind you I have never had an issue with pan gaskets in the past. Made sure it wasn't anything else, put an aluminum pan on it, still leaked. Moroso reusable gasket, still leaked. Granted leak may be a strong word, but I like my stuff sealed up like a drum. I was resigned to just live with it when I loaned my driveshaft to sparky. Since my car would be down I figured I would try one last time. I got a gasket called lube locker. It was pricey, like $26 bucks. It is thin, I think has a shim between two fiber layers, and 2 silicone beads that run round on both sides. You get a different "feel" when tightening, I feel like I am tighter than I would normally go.

Long story short, finally no leak..... at all. So if anyone out there has tried it all, give this a try, LubeLocker.

https://www.lubelocker.com/product/llt-g350/

I hope this helps someone else's sanity.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I'll second that!

Brand new Moser 12 bolt rear end.... 972 miles later, gear oil drips on the shop floor.... One Lubelocker rear cover gasket later, dry as a bone. Manufacturing technology is a good thing....

·
Premium Member
1965 2door HT Helena, GA 31037
1,531 Posts
Apparently they don't sell a gasket for a 10 bolt 8.2" differential. Or at least I couldn't find one.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Had a customer bring his Jeep to my shop for a set of gears front and rear. He supplied the gears and lube locker gaskets. I was impressed with the gasket. Definitely worth the money.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
i could of used one of those gaskets when i put a new diff. cover on last year. i finally used some stuff from a can by mr. gasket. no leaks now but a messy install. i looked at the company an i looks like they don't make an oil pan gasket.

·
Premium Member
1965 2door HT Helena, GA 31037
1,531 Posts
Thanks for the link. Got one headed south from Atlanta. $34.50 total includes tax and shipping.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts