Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to know if there is anyone on the forum that our old enough to remember the good old days in San Francisco. I'm talking about Friday nights drag racing on the Great Highway and when SFPD closed that down we would make it over to Brotherhood Way, just to have them follows us and close that down as well. this would be the late sixties for me so I'm not sure how many here go that far back.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess anyone who remembers is either dead or in jail with the lack of response.:( Oh well I guess I'll just have to reminisce with my Mopar buddies.:D

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
My dad raced there quite a bit just before i was born.....

He had a 56 chevy belair convertible with a corvette dual quad 283/283hp.

he sold the car for $500 to buy a brand new 1963 nova ss convertible!!!

that was not a wise investment!

The date on the picture dec 68 is false.he never owned the nova and 56 at the same time.

The blue impala in the background was my uncle Leo's 409 car!

It didnt originally come with a 409. But leo was the type that got what he wanted.

my dad crashed it! and it was totaled by the insurance co.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I remember the races up Brotherhood Way. Granted I'm only 31 so the races going on when I was there weren't really allowed by the cops. But at any given night there could be anywhere between 20 to 40 cars going at it. Everything from pro-street looking tri-fives to turboed Grand Nationals and Typhoons. Lots of fun and the cops that generally showed up let us run until someone called in a complaint. Then it was off to Cargo Street down off of Third & Evans.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts