Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys... just passing this along, as I have no affiliation with this company.

I was browsing the "garage sale" section of www.hotrodsusa.com, and saw that they have 62-67 disc brake kits that use the OEM 69-72 calipers, etc. The kits include spindles, caliper brackets, hoses, calipers, rotors, prop valve, booster, and master cyl... pretty much eveything you need, all for $549!!!!.

I've already pieced together my own kit using used and new stuff, however, I would be jumping on this deal if I did not already have parts! Hopefully some of you can take advantage! :)

PS: I noticed that in the picture the booster does not look right for a 62-67 application so make sure you check on this before ordering.

·
Registered
510 Posts
WOW that is a very good price for those. the lowest i could find was 700... if i was in the market for them i would def buy them.

Great Find!

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought one of thier OEM style boosters from thier "garage sale" section the day I posted this. It seems to be a nice piece, and is made by the same folks that make the parts for most other companies.

Now bearings, rotors, etc... those are the parts I would worry about being "junk".

·
Premium Member
5,820 Posts
nebraskarod said:
I seen this comment before. you need 17 inches of vacuum. How do I know this, or test for it for that matter.

rod
A good point. Can anyone comment on this vacuum claim for the brake booster? It makes me edgy that the sole point of the ad seems to be to talk down the oem setup vs. his more expensive "nascar" setup, which by the way, I have never seen anyone use.

Vacuum is tested by hooking up a vacuum gauge to a fitting on the intake manifold.

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
i called them some time ago about this kit. and the guy that i spoke to told me that he wouldn't suggest it because the roters are of lower quality and might worp. he also told me just to save my money and get a willwood kit. if the people selling the kit are not confident with it im not going to be. that's just my 2 cents

1 - 7 of 7 Posts