Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1968 Chevy II Nova, Central Arkansas
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It came by my house today and dropped off 8 boxes from CPP. I got the new zero offset front disc brake conversion kit. This is the one that uses the drum spindle so as not to push your wheels out. Plus a power brake booster, 4 KYB gas shocks, front sway bar, poly plus front end rebuild kit, 1.5 inch drop V-8 coil springs and pre bent brake lines. Now I just need a couple of you guys to come over and help put this stuff on for me:)

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
You should put those parts on your Nova instead of the brown truck!:eek::rolleyes::D

·
Premium Member
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know I need to paint the master cylinder. Should I paint the power booster as well?

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
The booster doesnt need painting unless you don't like gold. Mine still looks new after a year and a half, but I don't have many miles on it. You do want to paint the calipers. They will look like cr&p after a few miles.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
No, just the calipers and master, leave the booster.:yes:

·
Premium Member
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the advice. I was thinking about possibly sandblasting and painting my a-arms before doing the re-install. I don't guess you could hurt them could you? I sandblasted the underside of my 65 wagon's hood and it sagged and had to be replaced.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Be careful, I had my backing plates, control arms and bumper brackets destroyed by a guy, who didn't know what he was doing. He blasted them with a commercial blaster and too much pressure. It can be done, if it's done right.

·
Premium Member
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I have not got much done since the BBT visited me. I did get the rear KYB shocks on. They came with a new bottom bolt that I could not figure out how to use. Bolts were larger than the bolt holes on the car and if they were the same size I don't see any way to get that bolt on my bottom bracket. I used the bushings and bolts off the old shocks.

I did get the calipers and master cyclinder primed and painted and I found a powder coater that will media blast and powder coat my A-arms for 50 bucks.

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
Well I have not got much done since the BBT visited me. I did get the rear KYB shocks on. They came with a new bottom bolt that I could not figure out how to use. Bolts were larger than the bolt holes on the car and if they were the same size I don't see any way to get that bolt on my bottom bracket. I used the bushings and bolts off the old shocks.
The long side (top of pic) slides into the lower shock. the other end of the stud goes into the spring plate on your car If the spring plate hole is too small, you could drill it out a little.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts