Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm diggin it and a nice price to boot too. Does it fit in the stock location dia?
The stock diameter round outside portion on the quarter panel is 4 inches. The gas cap flange outside diameter is 3.5 inches and the portion where you would splice a hose onto is 2 inches round. Its a nice piece as well. Stainless steel and the portion that unscrews has a nice o-ring seal so when the car is garaged you shouldnt have that gasoline smell. If you hook everything up right that is!:D I will also ground mine with a strap once I do it. I just wanted to get the cap now in case I need to modify anything before I paint the wagon in the next couple weeks. Its a way good deal for the price and I think it will work just fine.
Travis

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Looks Great, Where did you find it ? And after the get it on Please, show it Off . I've wanted somethink like that or even the gas cap that came on the 67-68 Camaro for years

. Later Larry Mc

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks Great, Where did you find it ? And after the get it on Please, show it Off . I've wanted somethink like that or even the gas cap that came on the 67-68 Camaro for years

. Later Larry Mc
The link is at the top!
Thanks
Travis:D

·
4,534 Posts
OK maybe I'm slow but how do you unscrew it? Is there a tool?

I just read the info on the site, there is a separate key you need to buy.

Miles

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Then do you connect that to the tank using a hose?
I plan on doing something like this, using a hose plus the original neck. I will also use a ground strap in case of sparks when filling up with gas. The only thing I am unsure of is I am going with a LS engine (LQ9 6.0) and I dont know if it needs to be vented or a sealed unit? Does anyone know for certain?? 63LSWAGON, BURKE, CHUCK, NOVA 404 are you there??? :D

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK maybe I'm slow but how do you unscrew it? Is there a tool?

I just read the info on the site, there is a separate key you need to buy.

Miles
Yes they make a tool. I didnt buy one, in fact I may buy one..I think you could even have it on your key chain. Otherwise I have something I can use to open it. I am not going to utilize the chain that connects to the cap..due to I dont want it dangling and scratching paint!!:eek:

·
Registered
148 Posts
I plan on doing something like this, using a hose plus the original neck. I will also use a ground strap in case of sparks when filling up with gas. The only thing I am unsure of is I am going with a LS engine (LQ9 6.0) and I dont know if it needs to be vented or a sealed unit? Does anyone know for certain?? 63LSWAGON, BURKE, CHUCK, NOVA 404 are you there??? :D

You will need to vent it as that cap is not. You running at return system?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You will need to vent it as that cap is not. You running at return system?
Im not sure, Im not that far yet. What I have is a '06 LQ9 and I will be running the motor in stock form with the truck intake etc. Plan on using a Ricks tank or the new one as of recent..stock tank with the 2011 Camaro Fuel pump etc. What do you recommend?
Thanks

·
Registered
148 Posts
Im not sure, Im not that far yet. What I have is a '06 LQ9 and I will be running the motor in stock form with the truck intake etc. Plan on using a Ricks tank or the new one as of recent..stock tank with the 2011 Camaro Fuel pump etc. What do you recommend?
Thanks
If you run an in-tank pump you will need to vent it. I've never had luck with a vented cap. Rick's make great tanks, I own two, but you can probably do it for less.

Stock tank and throw this in, way more than you need:

http://bangshift.com/blog/efi-conve...e-easiest-fuel-system-youll-ever-install.html

·
Registered
121 Posts
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but will this gas cap keep the gas from overflowing at the pump? i.e. will it stop the pump before the tank overflows when you are filling it up?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
1 - 16 of 16 Posts