Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a cobalt ss/sc with a 2.0 in it and it put down 290 whp and 250 lb tq,there is more in it we tuned it to be safe ,but i will be doing more to it this week.

·
Registered
996 Posts
when i worked at a dealership i got to drive a stock one. wasn't impressed, but at the time i had a 250hp 1800lb turbo crx that was on 12psi.

it felt like it could be a fun car, but in stock trim it didn't do anything for me.
one of the most fun cars i got to drive while working there.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
i cant believe you posted that a cobalt is not even close to a nova :no: .............. but its cool sounds like your having a blast with a half 8 good luck

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i cant believe you posted that a cobalt is not even close to a nova :no: .............. but its cool sounds like your having a blast with a half 8 good luck
yea it is a down grade for sure ,6.50s to this but i really like the car. it really is fun to drive.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
hey 72 ss you should post your time slip in the 360 c.i. or less thread in the drag racing forum :yes: :yes: :yes:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i was talking about my old nova it was a 434 small block,pump gas ,no power adder at 3450 lbs.with slicks and a good launch the cobalt should run 12 80s

·
Registered
996 Posts
He said 6.50's to this. Which I would take as meaning maybe his Nova (or car that he races) runs 6.50's and this doesn't make that much power but still fun to drive.
:D
i've had a long day :yes:
i was gonna say the colbalt should run a mid 12, but not a 10...
my crx ran a low 12

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
290hp = boom!
nope ,forged steel crank and rods,good pistons,oil sqirters for the pistons to help keep them cool. Gm is making 1400 hp out of the same moter i have same head,same block same strock,same bore.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
with a fully cnc head and meth and a smaller,im shootong for 400 whp.on a dynojet.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts