Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
406 12.5-1 ultradyne roller 276 intake 286 exhaust @.50 .640 lift on both 108 ls, 215 dart pro 1s ,hurricane intake, quick fuel e 85 carb, t 350 trans, 4500 tci, 4.11 rear gear ,275-60-15 micket ts drag radials car wwent 10.95 @ 120 pulled the heads this winter to have ported they flowed 260 cfm stock @ .650 now [email protected] anyone have an idea how much power that would be worth thanks

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
How tight is the converter on the top end? I would think the mph would be a little higher.
My 355 did 115mph.
I have a similar set up in my 73 now 406 with 1.5 lower comp. Same intake and carb with comp ported AFR 195's that supposed to flo 300 @ .600 and a custom SR 4/7 swap, 262/269dur @ ",050, 655 lift 110 ls.

They were the same heads thats were on the 355 now on the 406 with SR springs.

Do you have a spacer under the carb? I have a 1.5 tapered and a "1 open and It likes the open better.

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
There is more to making HP and going fast than flow numbers too. I have lost flow numbers and picked up speed. Velocity, air speed, pressure points inside the runners and stuff are also critical. So to me flow numbers are just a part of the equation.

·
Registered
92 Posts
There is more to making HP and going fast than flow numbers too. I have lost flow numbers and picked up speed. Velocity, air speed, pressure points inside the runners and stuff are also critical. So to me flow numbers are just a part of the equation.

exactly...its all about the efficiency of the air entering and leaving your motor and while the amount the heads will move at that rpm (flow) plays a direct role...its not the sole determining factor either. How efficient does it do it...is it drawing too much fuel, air, or even burning it too quickly...or not expelling it quick enough etc..but theres only a certain amount your combination can handle...thats when you get into the power adders where N20 adds more oxygen and the superchargers cram more air in..i never knew it before but you can go backwards over porting...wouldnt of believed it til I seen it with my own eyes

1 - 10 of 10 Posts