Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
UPS delivered my CPP mini subframe kit today. (Thanks, Walt!)
I've read all the posts about installing it and it seems easy enough.

Does anyone have any last minute tips/tricks/traps for me ?

What about alignment specs? Start with the stock spec? Is there anything special I need to tell the alignment shop?

Thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
270 Posts
Tips?

Yeah, I've got a tip for you. GET A HAIR CUT!!!
Sorry dude I just couldn't resist.
Seriously though, I have the cpp mini kit also. I hope to be starting on it very soon. I've been waiting on drop spindles and brakes and they should be on their way now.
Only thing I can tell you now (since I haven't done mine yet) Is to consider getting a set of gm eccentric cams made by moog. I've read that the ones that come with the kit are junk and will slowly crush under load.
Your realignment cost would probably be about the same as the initial cost of the good Moog part. I have the part number around here somewhere. If your interested pm me and I'll be sure and find it for you.
Greg

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Put a CPP mini sub in my 62 this last year. Love it. :yes: Very easy install. Taking out the old one was the hardest part. I upgraded to the CPP front disk brakes with booster kit at the same time whioch was a bite more problematic but douable. Got the alignment as close as the eye would allow then took it to a good alighment shop. They started with the factory spec and made a few tweeks after a test drive. CPP techs will be glad to answer questions plus web site has a lot of how to's.

Enjoy!!!

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I've got a tip for you. GET A HAIR CUT!!!
Sorry dude I just couldn't resist.
Greg
:D
The hair is long gone. If it was that long today it would be gray an white!!

Thanks, KYNovanut, for the tip on the Moog eccentrics. I'll check into that.

62convert, thanks for the reminder about the CPP Web site and tech support. I'll check into those, too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts