Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was decently warm today so I drug it out. It started suprisingly well considering it sat for 5 months. I changed the oil and gave it a bath.
Looks allright from 20 feet. Best part about driving this thing is the doubletakes that some people do as they go by.

·
Premium Member
663 Posts
20' I guess so. :yes::D Beautiful. Double takes and thumbs up are great. Had mine out yesterday and brought it home on empty just so I would take it back out today to get fuel. :yes:

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks real nice! Love that color. You say its a 20 footer. Whats wrong up close?
When you're up close you see details....like door dings...and it has a few bad spots in the A pillars... road rash in the leading edge of the hood..... The paint is almost 22 years old so its showing its age. I'm picky because I remember what it was like when it was new.

·
Premium Member
7,409 Posts
It looks great. I am a little wierd because I like a driven car with some imperfections or really old cracked paint. Patina rules :cool: :D. You have a very nice car. The double takes are really cool too, I think we all enjoy them :D

Tommy :)

·
Registered
210 Posts
Had mine out too!

I had mine out too. It is funny to watch people do the double takes. And my car is FAR from perfect...rattle can painted baby!!:yes:

·
Registered
6,794 Posts
I had mine out too. It is funny to watch people do the double takes. And my car is FAR from perfect...rattle can painted baby!!:yes:
When you have that blower sticking through the hood nobody is looking at your paint:D:D

·
Registered
1966 350/4-speed coupe
99 Posts
Mad_Max, I really like the set of wheels that you have on your car. I have a red 66 coupe similar to yours and am looking at new wheels and I would love to know what you have. I think they are Cragers...

·
Registered
543 Posts
When you're up close you see details....like door dings...and it has a few bad spots in the A pillars... road rash in the leading edge of the hood..... The paint is almost 22 years old so its showing its age. I'm picky because I remember what it was like when it was new.
My truck was painted in late '86,and it's the same way. It looks AWESOME from the road,but not quite as good up close.

Your car looks fine to me. I sure do miss my deuce. :(

·
Registered
418 Posts
Looking good from 20' ?

Looks allright from 20 feet ?
Are you using a good measuring tape...that car looks great from any distance...one of my favorite year models....Had a '66 and '67 and wish I still had one...Nice Car.....GREAT COLOR...........:yes:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts