Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have trying to get a decent steering to work with for the Nova. Mine is the hard, shiny plastic wheel, and trying to find one on eBay has been a challenge. The soft-grip wheels are easier to find, but not what I wanted to put in the car. Restored wheels come up from time to time but the price is :eek: :eek: :eek:

Here's a couple of pics of the wheel. It has some nicks and scratches. What do you guys think?? Should I just junk it and start my search over???:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Randy (it is very clean!):)

·
Premium Member
13,649 Posts
Try using a cloth rag with black paint and "rub" out the scratches befory you decide to junk it!

·
Premium Member
8,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It has a few nicks that are deep enough to hook a fingernail on. I think those will need to be filled, then the wheel painted.

Randy (I ain't really gonna junk it!);)

·
Premium Member
13,649 Posts
Good, and somebody that you know has the horn button that says "chevrolet" on it instead of "impalla";)

·
Premium Member
8,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Naw!!!! I'm gonna clone the Nova into an Impala!!! I'm starting with the steering wheel!:D :D

I'm thinking I will be able to swap the horn button insert from the Nova onto that hornpad. It looks brand new!!! No wear at all!:)

Randy (super rare Nova Impala!!!):rolleyes: :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts