Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a dash bezel last week. I got today the bezel today and it's broken into 3 pieces. A very poor packing job is with without a doubt the culprit. It was pages with a few peanuts and a magazine torn up. The box has no damage at all to it. What do I do now? I sent the seller an e-mail with pictures of the damage. I'm waiting on his respnce now. Anything else I can do about the part?

·
Premium Member
13,649 Posts
Is it repairable, maybe try and work out a deal for a half refund if you think you can fix and use it.

·
Premium Member
14,614 Posts
If it was done via UPS, each package automatically carries $100 of insurance, right?

If the seller claims it was in 1 pc when shipped, you could make the shipper pay for abusing the package.

·
Premium Member
8,478 Posts
Wait for the response. I bought a dash bezel for my truck off of ebay, and when it arrived, it had a crack in it. It was still usable, but I wanted what the seller had listed, a no-damage bezel. I sent the seller an email about the crack, and he told me "no problem, I have another one I will send you". I was a bit nervous about confronting the seller about the damage, but he was totally cool about, and took care of it right away!!! There are many honest people who do business on ebay. I hope you are dealing with one of them!!

Randy (still have not had a bad deal on ebay!);)

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
The box has no damage at all to it.
Then I doubt that the shipping cracked it. :(

Was it advertised with no cracks or when (I hope) you asked him if it had any defects did the seller say it was defect free?

Was it sold "as is"? If so you're probably SOL.

·
Premium Member
8,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll link a couple pictures. The reason I bought it is mine has been cout out around the radio. It was clearly broken in shipment or when the put it in the box it caught on the packing material. The picture on e_bay it is good.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
This it?
YOU ARE BIDDING ON A ONE YEAR BEZEL FOR A 68 NOVE THE KEY IN THE DASH IT IS IN GREAT SHAPE OTHER THAN HAVING TWO STICKERS STUCK TO IT A LITTLE CLEANING AND YOU GOT ONE NICE BEZEL IT HAS NOT BEEN CUT OR BROKE INCLUDES THE PLASTIC SPEEDO COVER BID WITH CONFIDENCE THANKS ADAM

Sounds good, but it went rather cheap, suggesting that maybe other potential bidders asked and were informed of possible problems. Just an assumption. If I'm correct, then you've already left feedback? :confused:

·
Registered
99 Posts
If it was shipped ups, I believe they like to deal with the shipper and not the buyer with their insurance.. Still if the seller is honest it could work out well for you. Jerry

·
Premium Member
13,649 Posts
I wouldn't even bother making a claim with UPS. I shipped a grille once and even put extra insurance on it. The box was mangled and so was the grille. They DENIED the claim since (They didn't package it). So now I don't even bother with the insurance since they wont cover it any way!

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
The shipper will have to file the claim.

I had to do that last year for a damaged part..... yes, it was also a dash bezel..... well packed too... and someone still slammed it around and snapped it.

Once I finally got the refund from the shipping company, I held on to it for a little while as I tried to find a replacement bezel for the buyer. Since I couldn't come up with anything good, I sent them the whole refund.

Allen

·
Premium Member
1,845 Posts
Allen_396 said:
The shipper will have to file the claim.

I had to do that last year for a damaged part..... yes, it was also a dash bezel..... well packed too... and someone still slammed it around and snapped it.

Once I finally got the refund from the shipping company, I held on to it for a little while as I tried to find a replacement bezel for the buyer. Since I couldn't come up with anything good, I sent them the whole refund.

Allen

Sometimes you can have the shipper contact the shipping co. and waive his right to the claim. This way you dont have to ship it back the guy you already paid and let him also receive the refund and hope he is honest enough to send your money back. I did this with FedEx Ground. But I wont use them anymore for Ebay, check out the thread I started on this subject.

·
Premium Member
8,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I spoke with a friend about this. It was shipped via the Post Office. But lucky for me I paid with Pay Pal. Occording to my friend I can do a claim and get all my money back through Pay Pal with a force buy back. I'm going to hope the seller and I can come to a good terms on it without hard feelings.

·
Premium Member
1,845 Posts
Pay Pal might get your money after about a month, but only if he has money in his Pay Pal account. Not trying to bum you out. Just letting you know so you try harder with the seller.

·
Registered
298 Posts
actually paypal will get your money back if he has money or not it can be as fast as a couple days if the seller is cooperative or it can take a couple months

I have dealt with paypal for a while sometime you get burned and some time not

·
Premium Member
8,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well I got an e-mail from the seller claiming he was sending me a check for the part on Thursday. A full refund of the part and shipping and handeling. Then yesterday I got an e-mail from Pal Pay telling me they recovered 76.01 the most they could get from his account. I hope he sent me a check and they got 76.01 from his account. I want to see him squirm a bit before he get his money refunded.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts